The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Getting our 2nd and 3rd back

To Edmonton:

Jensen, Andersson, the rights to Eriksson, and our 4th rounder

for

2015 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Rationale:

Jensen has size, something a lot of Oilers don't have, and speed. He would probably fit the Oilers style a lot better than ours. They get to keep their first rounder, they also get a player who's pretty much NHL ready (compared to a lot of Oiler picks that get thrown to the wolves). They get to sign Eriksson and he can probably get the back up gig at worst, at best he can push Scrivens. Andersson to help on their backend. They get help they need and keep their 1st rounder.

The risk of course is he could light it up with the Oilers and make us pay. However we get a high 2nd and 3rd and a better pick than the ones we traded.

As much as I want to keep Jensen - I keep feeling like he's a Voracek-type player, a late bloomer - I kind of want to do this deal. We'd actually make something off of Eriksson.

???

Voracek went directly from Junior to the NHL, as an 18-year-old, and scored 38 points in his rookie season.

We need RWs though...

We may not have a high quantity of RWs in the system, but 4 of our top young players/prospects all play the right side:

Virtanen

Kassian

Baertschi

Vey (C/RW, more suited to latter)

So there's simply not much room for Jensen, even if he does pan out.

a kassian trade might net us a late 1st or 2nd rounder....lack would maybe get us a 2nd rounder....we don't have much else to trade that teams might want...matthias maybe...a bieksa trade?

Why the &^@# would we trade kassian for a late first?

We may not have a high quantity of RWs in the system, but 4 of our top young players/prospects all play the right side:

Virtanen

Kassian

Baertschi

Our future forwards would look beautiful if Jake can play RW.

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - McCann - Kassian

Gaunce - Bonino - Jensen

That top nine stacked. We'd be golden if we could get a true future top line center though.

Virtanen

Kassian

Baertschi

I thought Jensen could play both L and R.

regards,

G.

a kassian trade might net us a late 1st or 2nd rounder....lack would maybe get us a 2nd rounder....we don't have much else to trade that teams might want...matthias maybe...a bieksa trade?

Lack is easily worth a late 1st now so idk why you think he is maybe worth a 2nd

Lack is easily worth a late 1st now so idk why you think he is maybe worth a 2nd

personally, i wouldn't trade lack....i'ld trade miller if there was a taker that he would go to...

i'm not sold on kassian...i like what he brings but when he doesn't bring it, i prefer vey's game.

Archived