The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Shaw's dangerous hit against Barret Jackman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5SqJ2Dj7M#t=16

Got a penalty. But will there be further discipline or no?

Shaw barely misses the head and left his feet too.

Edit: Hmm, something is wrong with the video post?

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5SqJ2Dj7M#t=16

He'll see further discipline for this. I'd bet on it.

Charging, left his feet, intended to injury another player,dirty, shall I go on. He didn't make contact with the head only because Jackman saw him at the last second on that would have been right to the head.

Should he get something? Yes 2-3 games would be fair ( rest of reg season )

Will he get something? Of course not it's CHI we are talking about here

Charging, left his feet, intended to injury another player,dirty, shall I go on. He didn't make contact with the head only because Jackman saw him at the last second on that would have been right to the head.

Should he get something? Yes 2-3 games would be fair ( rest of reg season )

Will he get something? Of course not it's CHI we are talking about here

Exactly what I came here to type. Bingo, you hit it on the head. He will get 3 games because that's what's left in the regular season.

Remember Keith on Sedin ?

There's no way that's a suspension. That's 2 minutes for charging and that's it. I hate Chicago but that's not suspendable. Maybe if Jackman got hurt but he didn't.

shouldn't matter if a player gets hurt or not the same hit on a different player could end their career

Guy's building a bit of a headhunting rep.

Building? Pretty sure his reputation is already built.

He is a dirty player and anyone with two eyes can see that. Even most Hawks fans aren't big fans of his. Its easier to stomach his stupidity when he is playing well and contributing but after the season he has had... I feel most fans would hate him more if we did not have an even bigger idiot on our team in Carcillo. Thankfully we have some good prospects coming up and the youth movement is going to start in Chicago soon and hopefully we can rid ourselves of characters like these. Maybe deal them to Eastern teams so we don't have to see them so much either.

Charging AND leaving his feet, pretty sure that's like 1 minimum game suspension.

I would have no problem with that but it ain't happening. If the league has made anything clear they suspend the result not the action. Shaw won't even get a call. I doubt anyone in the DOPS office will even blink.

2-3 games!? are you out of your mind? It's a charging penalty 2 minutes

Every hit gets so much attention now a days, in 10 years hitting and fighting will both be gone from the game partly because the fans are so soft and over react every time somebody ALMOST gets hurt. This is pathetic.

I don't blame people for wanting to see a suspension. He totally intended on taking his head off just ended up missing and causing minimal damage. The way the DOPS works its not a suspension but reasonably speaking, I wouldn't mind if the league started doing something about these near misses.

2-3 regular season games, probably. The only reason being that he left his feet so aggressively. I wouldn't have a problem if it was 1 game though. If he had directly hit the head, it would be more like 8-10 games (regular season).

Archived