The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Kings sit Quick in the most important game of the season

They recently beat the Oilers 8-2

Just arrogance that the Kings could beat the lowly Oilers, and/or the Oilers would take the McDavid route too.

I would love if Calgary beat LA and we renewed a playoff rivalry.

Their game against Calgary will determine whether they still have a shot at the playoffs. Still, never have I been so happy Edmonton won. Same thing if Calgary beats them...I'm sure if I looked back though there was another more important game one of them had to win for Vancouver's benefit.

it was a calculated risk that the Kings were willing to take. I also believe Darryl Sutter's goalie scheuld have already been pre determined that Martin Jones plays against Edmonton and why not? L.A has been badly beating these guys the past 3 seasons, it's not even close. Heck I would have expected a domination, but hey. lol they lost.

I'm not too surprised by the decision to start Jones. The Kings probably figured they'd steamroll the Oilers again, hahaha, it backfired and now they're on the brink.

Probably thought they had a good chance to beat Edmonton with Jones. Their big game is against Calgary after getting beaten by the Canucks. They need to beat Calgary and if Quick is better rested, he is the guy for that game.

Personally, I would rather meet Calgary in the playoffs. Some how the Kings are a team i worry about more because they know how to get it done in the playoffs. The playoffs are a new season; now you see the grit and will to win come to the surface.

Daryl sutter isn't that good of a coach, everyone thinks he some sort of genious but in reality he's not. When he coached the flames he didn't do anything their and got lucky with a really good kings team. Not to mention he did terrible when he coached the SJ sharks.

This.

Honestly, the Kings expected Martin Jones to play better than that. In today's NHL, you need backups that can step up and win games (example: E.Lack)

The Kings were gifted a freebie at centre ice by Bachman, who also looked quite shaky at times. This was LA's game to lose and they didn't work hard enough to get it to OT.

I will say that Drew Doughty was impressive tonight, and it's obvious to me why LA has two Cups in three seasons when they have a defenseman like Doughty in their lineup. He's the best defenseman in the league IMO. If I had first pick for a Stanley Cup dream team draft, he's the first person I would take. He's nothing short of absolutely amazing.

You can have drew poughty, I'll take shae weber thanks.

Daryl sutter isn't that good of a coach, everyone thinks he some sort of genious but in reality he's not. When he coached the flames he didn't do anything their and got lucky with a really good kings team. Not to mention he did terrible when he coached the SJ sharks.

You can throw his tenure with the Hawks into your list as well.

He's not a bad coach, but there are much better coaches out there.

Game 7 Stanley Cup Finals?

He has the perfect system for the perfect team. He's a defensive guy. For LA he's great. Still hate him though

Most coaches, if you're playing a team that a week before you clobbered 8-2 and it's the second of a back-to-back would have put in the backup goalie.

Are people saying that it's our coaches fault when he put in Markstrom and he got shelled? We needed the two points at the time too.

I understand the hate for LA. But to blame Bridge Troll for playing his backup against one of the worst teams in the NHL is plain stupid.

Simply put, he Pete Carrol'd it.

:lol:

it was head scratcher for sure.

the game against the Flames on Thurs will be LA's most important game of the season.

cant believe i have to cheer for the Flames.....not that i would take them[flames] lightly in the playoffs but i really want to see LA miss the the post season....that will make me very happy!

go flames go?? ewww, but yeah!

Archived