• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Sign in to follow this  
The Horvatian One

[Extension] Derek Dorsett and Luca Sbisa re-signed

Originally thought Sbisa was overpaid at $2.5M hahah.

Dorsett deal means Higgins/Matthias is likely gone, and Kenins will be a staple next year on that 4th line with Dorsett on the 3rd.

Tanev is making $4.5M as a 1st pairing defenceman on this team, so I guess a 2nd pairing guy like Sbisa is acceptable at $3.5M?

Can't the higher price for these dudes be blamed on the lower dollar, though? That's only 2.1m for Dorsett south of the border

aren't contracts all in USD

Yah I bet you would be so much better right? I mean we did just make the playoffs... Who would you rather have as GM? MacTavish?

I wouldnt do better, but my lack of skill doesnt make him any better, and his moves wont cost us now, they will cost us in the future when we have a bunch of 33-35 year olds on heavy contracts

Also… anyone consider that JB might know he can move Miller (or someone else) in the offseason and save that cap to spend on F and D? It's worth considering.

Keeping the quality dressing room is a big factor going into next year regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

These things are game planned out by intelligent GMs so that they can see money coming on and off of the books at certain times so that they line-up with other contracts expiring. JB is no Nonis… I believe he knows what he is doing…. otherwise there would be little incentive to do this now as opposed to after the playoffs.

Really where he should be. Fair money. People complaining should take a breather. In Jim we trust.

you know 2 of those players are retired and the rest of them are awful defenceman right.

I'm completely fine with Benning waiting until the off season to overhaul the old roster. Much better time for the players beings shipped out to accept a move and much more time for new players to build some chemistry with the players remaining.

Makes a bigger impact than most think! See Vanek trade and failure.

Are you guys really complaining about Dorsett's contract?? The guy deserves every penny of that contract.

agreed theres people comparing his contract to points... 100,000 a point? I didn't know he was brought here to do that - look at the overall picture and what he brings - fair compensation.

With dorsett walking we would've had pu**ies like vey trying to bully people... - we're trying to get meaner and tougher.. not the other way around...

I like the improvements Sbisa have made in the 2nd half of the season, i hope he and Dorsett live up to their new contracts.

I wonder if this means goodbye to Vey, Richardson and Matthias who will ask for a raise after his career season.

Dorsett has done a lot more than what people on here are giving him credit for, if you look around the league the term on his contract was very well deserved.

Sbisa is still young and can improve, also very underrated on here. And he is still very young. Though I think it is a tad high

$3.6 Million for Sbisa. Goodness.

Holy $&@&

Goodness ain't the word. That's terrible.

At least MG knew how to get guys to sign for less. even the Lu deal was clever cap circumvention until the rule was retroactively changed.

Not impressed at all with the amounts this guy is dishing out. Not one contract he has done is impressive from number standpoints. Not happy at all with either of these. Good players , bad prices.

A tad high ? Lol. For a guy that hasn't proved himself...... Not good.

That being said , Sbisa may turn out , but giving him that much before he earns it is not exactly an intelligent strategy

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 1

Benning must be a fan of deep dish pizza (that's a lot of dough)

I really don't like the Sbisa signing. He's okay and all, but $3.0M+ is expensive for a player his stature. Too much money. I'm not really happy with this.

The Dorsett signing is alright. Except I don't like the term. He's a great 4th liner and all, his money has been rewarded, but he's now the 5th highest paid player on our roster. And he's nothing less and nothing more than a 4th line grinder/energy player. Dorsett is definitely someone I'd expect to be paid $2.0M max.

We will see how these signings go about. I'm afraid of Sbisa's contract. There is a slight chance he won't even become a top 4 player for us in the future.

I really don't know about these signings. I'm not very happy with the Sbisa contract, even though he's a great guy and all. We'll have to wait and see how these extensions pay off.

Edited by TheOddCanuckling

Dorsett has been lights out for us, I don't mind paying for that passion. Sbisa hits like a truck and his mistakes are fixable, he already improved.

Sbisa's been a bit of a scapegoat since he signed. Yeah, he makes mistakes. So do other players. It's just that more people jump on his.

• Upvote 2

Also… anyone consider that JB might know he can move Miller (or someone else) in the offseason and save that cap to spend on F and D? It's worth considering.

Keeping the quality dressing room is a big factor going into next year regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

These things are game planned out by intelligent GMs so that they can see money coming on and off of the books at certain times so that they line-up with other contracts expiring. JB is no Nonis… I believe he knows what he is doing…. otherwise there would be little incentive to do this now as opposed to after the playoffs.

I dont think SJ will re-sign Niemi so you couldt be right, i can see JB trading Miller to the Sharks at the draft for picks.

• Upvote 2

U mean top 4?

Unless either one of Juice or Hammer is out, then top six for Sbisa at the very least.