The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions for playoff heroes?

Provost

This^^^^, in the first round. Sven is going to be the Flames-killer. Burkie is going to rue the day he created a monster in Sven. Flames fans will burn down the Saddledome and Burkie and the Flames ownership will finally get the city of Calgary to give them the land to build their new hockey arena/football stadium.

In the second round, Bonino is going to stick to the Ducks as Kesler watches from the stands with his arm in a sling due to a separated shoulder while sitting in a wheelchair from another torn hip labrum from the punishment he's going to take from Lowry, Ladd, and Big Buffalo in R1.

In the third round, Burrows is going to re-create the magic of 2011 R1-G7-OT on 4 separate occasions, as the Canucks face the 'hawks in the Conference Finals. Burrows will be the dragon that the 'hawks will be trying to unsuccessfully slay.

In the SCF, it's going to be an entire team effort...with Eddie stealing Lundquist's crown. Canucks and Rangers fans will be hailing the new king...King Eddie.

All kidding aside, if the Canucks make it to the second round, it will have been a wildly successful season.

well said

I think every player on our team is going to step up. That's what I love about our team, seems like every night it's someone different. However, I feel like Vrbata, Weber (PP) and Horvat are going to be the most consistent.

All the "core" guys. You can really see some of them (e.g. Burrows, Higgins) elevating their games. I could see Matthias and Bonino suprising some as well. But as a previous poster stated we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves. No one is a hero if their team doesn't make it out of the first round.

I think for the Canucks to have success it comes down to Lack, Vrbata, and... Weber. Yes of course Bonino/Horvat/Higgins/etc will be really important in terms of defensive responsibilities and some secondary scoring & the Sedins have to be a factor. But take any of the above mentioned three out of the team and it becomes a lot more murky.

Lack is our only completely healthy goalie, and we'll need him at his best to make sure we don't fall behind in the series. We cannot play a recovering Miller, regardless of whether he starts against the Oilers or not. Plus, Lack has been amazing and a big reason the team has been good.

Vrbata is magic and will have to drive much of the secondary scoring. Take him out and our offense is a lot less potent. Not much else to say here except that if Vrbata doesn't show up, it'll be really difficult to make any noise.

And Weber might be the most surprising on the list, but after hearing the Sedins talk about him I believe the team needs him. They had a point last night when they said that no other D on the team really has that booming one timer from the point that the other team has to respect. When Weber is out there on the PP, the Sedins get more space to work because teams have to watch Weber's shot as well. A successful powerplay will be a key in any series & Weber seems to be one way to make it more effective.

Canucks lose 4-0 series to Calgary and fail to score a goal in any game. No hero for us.

/not to be a party pooper, but getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Maybe we can talk about this if we get past the 1st round?

Say what? I didn't realize the first round isn't part of the playoffs.

Canucks lose 4-0 series to Calgary and fail to score a goal in any game. No hero for us.

/not to be a party pooper, but getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Maybe we can talk about this if we get past the 1st round?

Well that's a strange way to make a point.

The first line, while PC, was unnecessary but I'll remind you of that when we take the series. ;) #Believe

Archived