The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gregory Campbell + Daniel Paille dropped to UFA - Chiarelli

zverta

We've already got a ton of rookies who want to fight for spots on the team. Why take a chance on a player that the Bruins think suck when we could have other players out of our organization filling those spots?

Seeing as both players are replaceable 3rd/4th liners, I can see the bruins bringing some players up that are already within their system to fill those holes. Same with our team. We already have our young players set to be fighting for those roles anyways, come training camp/preseason. Seeing as Benning is probably familiar with these two, I could see him at least considering them as options.

We are going to have cap issues of our own.

not really just because we have little space at moment we have a ton of players that will be gone. just because benning signed sbisa and tanev doesnt mean he wont trade them. alot of teams will inquire on many players. higgins hansen miller bieska hamhuis richardson mattias kassian equal 25 mill in space i could see half of them being traded

as much as I hate every former Bruin in the 2011 team...Campbell is the consummate teammate.

i remember him blocking a shot that ended up breaking his leg yet played the rest of the game and blocked quite a few more shots the essentially made him immobile.

I don't want to see them here but hope they find jobs because they are good bottom six vets

not really just because we have little space at moment we have a ton of players that will be gone. just because benning signed sbisa and tanev doesnt mean he wont trade them. alot of teams will inquire on many players. higgins hansen miller bieska hamhuis richardson mattias kassian equal 25 mill in space i could see half of them being traded

I would consider moving players because of the cap to be cap issues.

as much as I hate every former Bruin in the 2011 team...Campbell is the consummate teammate.

i remember him blocking a shot that ended up breaking his leg yet played the rest of the game and blocked quite a few more shots the essentially made him immobile.

I don't want to see them here but hope they find jobs because they are good bottom six vets

It was the rest of the shift :P

And yeah, i to still have a grudge on the 2011 Bruins haha

Not sure how much they would be looking for if Boston is considering letting them go. But I wouldn't mind Campbell coming in and being that extra forward or fourth liner if he's willing to play for us.

Like someone said, dude's got heart.

Archived