The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

St. Paul's Hospital to Relocate to False Creek Flats

DonLever

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Oh I am sure it is some sort of tax write off for him. 

BTW I just use the self checkout and put zero bags used.

I never use self check out, my neighbour would be out of work. If my neighbour is out of work she doesn't have enough money to get on my ferry, eventually the ferry won't run and I won't have enough money to buy groceries and my neighbour will be out of work. And the wheel will go around.

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Surrey sucks, where do you think the phrase 'No Surrey Bob' came from?  It came from White Rock cuz Surrey is a hole.

Surrey is the nicest city in BC.

Clearly as it is the fastest growing city... People vote with there feet.  Why do you think Surrey is advancing so quickly..

Whiterock  is the crap hole of surrey  though. Downtown whiterock has become a ghetto of dying business... no more tourists.. etc..

Surrey should kick out whiterock as it is destroying Surrey's new great reputation....

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Step 3: Canucks get robbed leaving practice. Move back to Vancouver

Vancouver is crack head central.   My neighbour refuses to go to Canucks games this year as she has had her car broken into too many times DT Van .

Of course she is also tired of getting harassed by street  people after the games...

Downtown Van is dying.  No reason to go there anymore.   Surrey downtown is so much more attractive and safe. 

Moving the Canucks to Surrey would solve many of these problems....

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Clearly as it is the fastest growing city... People vote with there feet.  Why do you think Surrey is advancing so quickly..

Whiterock  is the crap hole of surrey  though. Downtown whiterock has become a ghetto of dying business... no more tourists.. etc..

Surrey should kick out whiterock as it is destroying Surrey's new great reputation....

Is this a joke? Surrey is a hell hole. Its probably the worst City in the Country.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Vancouver is crack head central.   My neighbour refuses to go to Canucks games this year as she has had her car broken into too many times DT Van .

Of course she is also tired of getting harassed by street  people after the games...

Hastings, yes. Downtown Vancouver doesn't seem like an intimidating place at all.

Downtown Van is dying.  No reason to go there anymore.   Surrey downtown is so much more attractive and safe. 

Outside of the open air drugfest on Hastings, and Granville street's identity crisis, Vancouver seems pretty hopping really. When You say Downtown Surrey, where is that? Whalley?

Yeah......ok.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Is this a joke? Surrey is a hell hole. Its probably the worst City in the Country.

Hahah  - too funny.

Surrey is an amazing place to live. Beautiful.   Everyone  i know is moving from Vancity to Surrey.......

Surrey Facts

Surrey is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, and the fastest growing city in Metro Vancouver. We have a population of over 468,000 (2011 census), and welcome approximately 800 new residents each month

- See more at: http://www.surrey.ca/6554.aspx#sthash.jTqAG6Lq.dpuf

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hastings, yes. Downtown Vancouver doesn't seem like an intimidating place at all.

Outside of the open air drugfest on Hastings, and Granville street's identity crisis, Vancouver seems pretty hopping really. When You say Downtown Surrey, where is that? Whalley?

Yeah......ok.

Vancouver is super boring.. all the live music venues are dying / closing.

Rent is stupid expensive if you can even find a place...

To buy costs approx.  1000 per sq ft.   Thats just a sad joke ....

Vancouver was nice pre Expo 86.   Now the city has no heart and soul.  The future Van is be mostly air B and B  and just tourists....  

No decent jobs as most employers will move out as well......     Over rated.  Tourist trap.  Not a real city anymore.....

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hahah  - too funny.

Surrey is an amazing place to live. Beautiful.   Everyone  i know is moving from Vancity to Surrey.......

Surrey Facts

Surrey is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, and the fastest growing city in Metro Vancouver. We have a population of over 468,000 (2011 census), and welcome approximately 800 new residents each month

- See more at: http://www.surrey.ca/6554.aspx#sthash.jTqAG6Lq.dpuf

I have never heard a person in my life say something good about Surrey. You are the first and only. Congratulations.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have never heard a person in my life say something good about Surrey. You are the first and only. Congratulations.

My favourite cities in Canada to live.

1) Montreal Que

2) Victoria BC

3) Ottawa  Ont

4) Surrey BC  

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

My favourite cities in Canada to live.

1) Montreal Que

2) Victoria BC

3) Ottawa  Ont

4) Surrey BC  

I like your top 3 however I'm not a big city guy. I prefer Penticton.

Does Surrey still have Poncho and lefties? 

Spent a weekend there one night.

I believe on the tracks or by the tracks and the dirty bird as well.

50 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

47 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Downtown Van is dying.  No reason to go there anymore.   Surrey downtown is so much more attractive and safe

I beg to differ.  Sure, Surrey is taking off now in relation to people locating there, mostly because people are moving outward due to pricing and Surrey still has some affordability and is not too far out.

But check any crime statistics to see that Surrey is not as "safe" as Vancouver in relation to crime ... or, just turn on the news to see the constant stream of news coming out of Surrey.   Not sure how you came up with this, but your neighbour's report is only that.

Being "harrassed" by street people generally means they ask for money as you pass by.  Their survival is often dependent on it, so sorry to hear that they "bother" her, but it's quite easy to walk on by.  People do it all the time from what I see.  

Are you serious about car break ins?   That happens everywhere.

There are plenty of nice places in and things about Surrey....but there are arguments on both sides.  Just as there are for Vancouver.

Now, let's get back on topic, which is not about promoting Surrey (especially using the city's website...what do you expect them to say??).

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Vancouver is super boring.. all the live music venues are dying / closing.

Rent is stupid expensive if you can even find a place...

When you put it that way, yes, I agree. Although the Railway Club is reopening, so maybe there's hope.

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

To buy costs approx.  1000 per sq ft.   Thats just a sad joke ....

Vancouver was nice pre Expo 86.   Now the city has no heart and soul.  The future Van is be mostly air B and B  and just tourists....  

No decent jobs as most employers will move out as well......     Over rated.  Tourist trap.  Not a real city anymore.....

It is sure trending in that direction. Can't argue there. All three arms of government stood by and watched while it happened which is as egregious as it gets. I can see a Detroit type situation in Vancouver's future.

On 3/29/2017 at 2:27 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Back on topic.

I do agree with the move of  St. Pauls .  It  will be much more accessible and the city seems to be redeveloping  (  high density ) eastward so should work well in the future. 

There's actually an entire plan for the Flats redevelopment, not just St Pauls, and its really cool. Its going to be an amazing part of the city, assuming of course we don't vote in some dweeb that kills the planning. 

as far as this stuff goes:

thats all complete BS. I can give you the facts but you'll probably yell at me about teachers. 

Archived