The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

lets move up in the draft!

its time to get a #1 centre or #1 defenseman. lets trade our first pick and either markstrom lack or a good prospect to get in the top10.

i love some of our prospects but there wont be much room for all of them in the future.

I would love if we could pick up strome,marner, provorlov, barzal, hanifin, werenski

here are some options i think could work.

trade to carolina markstrom, first pick and cassels for 5th pick over all

or trade philly kassian,and our first, and a late pick next year for 7th pick over all

or sanjose lack or markstrom and first and mid round pick next year for 9th over all.

obviously some of the names are interchangable depending what other teams need but lets suck it up and do it! lets keep mccann virtanen horvat other than that lets take a risk. ok lets hear it.

Better yet, why don't we trade our 1st, Higgins, and Jensen to Buffalo for their 1st/2nd overall???

:picard:

I'm pretty sure I would do that, but I really don't think Buffalo would do that unless I got everyone who needed to sign off, really, really drunk first!

Which I'd be be totally open to trying by the way!!! ::D

I'm pretty sure I would do that, but I really don't think Buffalo would do that unless I got everyone who needed to sign off, really, really drunk first!

You'd have to get them dead and then put the pen in their hands and move the paper around to sign what needed to be signed and then hire voice actors to join in on the conference call to the league.

Lie in wait for two and a half years then BOOM! Spanish Inquisition!

But yeah, OP, I'll be the kindest of your responses if you want to start making new threads and putting up proposals in your first few posts on CDC. Take some time to read through other's proposals and pay specific attention to the pinned threads at the top of this sub-forum (to be specific, read the one about tags!) before wading into the deep end of these shark infested waters.

Some of your trades you made are a bit unrealistic, but I do agree with you. The Canucks' should watch these players in the playoffs: Burrows, Bieksa, Higgins, Mathias, Richardson, Hansen, Weber. These players hold decent trade value to add with a 1st round pick, and some of these players are UFAs. However, our fan-base is head over heels with some of those names on the list, but I tend to disagree because I know what they are. Therefore, I wish Benning could watch them with a close eye to see if they fit the mould of this team in the future. Playoffs are a way to see what players show heart and if they got it. If they don't have it, they should just package them to move up in the draft.

its time to get a #1 centre or #1 defenseman. lets trade our first pick and either markstrom lack or a good prospect to get in the top10.

i love some of our prospects but there wont be much room for all of them in the future.

I would love if we could pick up strome,marner, provorlov, barzal, hanifin, werenski

here are some options i think could work.

trade to carolina markstrom, first pick and cassels for 5th pick over all

or trade philly kassian,and our first, and a late pick next year for 7th pick over all

or sanjose lack or markstrom and first and mid round pick next year for 9th over all.

obviously some of the names are interchangable depending what other teams need but lets suck it up and do it! lets keep mccann virtanen horvat other than that lets take a risk. ok lets hear it.

You're absolutely right. For instance, you would probably have to change the name Markstrom or Lack for Horvat.

But yeah, OP, I'll be the kindest of your responses if you want to start making new threads and putting up proposals in your first few posts on CDC. Take some time to read through other's proposals and pay specific attention to the pinned threads at the top of this sub-forum (to be specific, read the one about tags!) before wading into the deep end of these shark infested waters.

When I read "The Spanish Inquisition", this was literally the first thing I thought of. Glad someone posted it.

Seriously, top 10 picks this year are considered gold and the price would be spectacular.

Benning did say that he would like more picks but realistically, lower picks like 2nd, 3rd and even higher are more likely for the assets that Benning would be willing to give up.

These assets are likely older players who would be shed to free up cap space in exchange for assets at lower cost and no cap hit in the short term

This one time back in elementary school, there was a trend going around and everyone had these cards with monsters on it. I remember this one kid in first grade had a super rare card, and thought to myself.... "Hey this kid is 3 grades below me, hes stupid, Ill trade him 100 of my crappy cards for his super rare card." I proposed the deal and he thought about it for a while, then i added another 50 crappy cards to the deal but he wouldn't budge. He wanted one of my good cards and i told him to get lost.

Moral of the story, Quantity doesn't buy you Quality. We're gonna have to make a deal thats worth it for the other team. Something along the lines of Virtanen or Horvat + 1st to get into the top 10. Something im totally unwilling to do.

so what would it take then... philly and sanjose and and carolina all could use another goalie (lack), first round pick back(ours) and what .....jensen, shinkaruk, kassian, cassels maybe 2 of them lets make it happen if we can get that number 1 d or centre.

Archived