The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Comparing 2011 and 2015 Teams and Seeing if We Have a Shot

DhillonCanuck

Comparisons  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so first off i'm going to list all the players who played in the 2011 playoffs and the scratches, and for 2015 all the players who are available to us and coming back from injury including the 4 available call ups (maybe Virtanen as well seeing as he can't go to Utica if his team is eliminated).

2011 Team going into Playoffs:

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kelser - Samuelsson

Hansen - Lapierre - Torres

Raymond - Hodgson - Glass

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Ehrhoff - Edler

Salo - Tanev

Luongo

Schneider

Injured during start of playoffs:

Malhotra :(

Scratches:

Tambellini

Alberts

Ballard (AV's Doghouse)

Oreskovich

Rome

2015 Team (Based on today's practice):

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Edler- Tanev

Bieksa - Sbisa

Hamhuis - Weber

Lack

Miller

Scratches: Kassian, Vey, McMillan

Call ups: Baerschi, Corrado, Clendening, Markstrom

Poll:

What are your thoughts on how each team stacks up and if the 2015 team can possibly have an impacts as did the stacked 2011 team?

*Cant post polls for defense so just comment

I think 2011 is greater in every category except the 4th line; however the 2015 team has an attitude of never giving up so lets see if there is a cinderella run in store.

I chose this years lines better than 2011 because we have a way better coach this year than av who got us swept against kings in his final year of coaching here in our team. So this years team >>>>>>>>>>2011 team

You mean the same AV that just got the President trophy again. Ok.

2011 team is like>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015.

on top of that you didn't even consider goaltending and defence which is 2011>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015.

Defence was by far much stronger, far more versatile, and we had 4 dmans that can play offence, with, the bottom 6 guys "capable" of playing an offensive role if called upon too.

on top of that you didn't even consider goaltending and defence which is 2011>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015.

Defence was by far much stronger, far more versatile, and we had 4 dmans that can play offence, with, the bottom 6 guys "capable" of playing an offensive role if called upon too.

Can you imagine if WD coached 2011?

Also, I think the 2011 team was better at faceoffs too (?)

Are you implying that WD is better than AV

... he hasn't even coached a playoff game yet. We might have been swept by the Hawks for all we know.

No, I'm asking if your imagination works. I'd love to see what WD would have done with Hodgson.

2011 was a much better team, no question. 2014/15 has better depth and thats about it.

We would've won the Cup if it hadn't been for the injuries and the reffing in the Finals.

annnd correct me if im wrong, but i dont think hodgeson played in the playoffs in 2011? I think Bolduc played 4th line C for the injuries

Can you imagine if WD coached 2011?

well it's hard to say, because A.V is a great coach himself, and by at that time, in 2011, the Vancouver Canucks have already mastered A.V system at it's full potential.

anyways, let me add.

although I think 2011 team is a far superior team to the 2015, I also believe that if the 2012 New Jersey Devils can make it all the way to the Stanley Cup finals, so can the 2015 Vancouver Canucks. we did very well with the given injuries to them.

I never understand this obsession with comparing our team to the 2011 and 1994 teams. Why can't we just be happy with it being THIS years team?

We'll never have a team that were like those teams, that's the beauty of sport. Every year is a new cast and a new opportunity. We need to stop living in the past. At the end of the day, those teams didn't get the job done, so why not strive for something better than that?

Archived