The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 IIHF Men's World Hockey Championship Thread [Roster Updated]

Didn't see a topic, First group was announced today, and it is STACKED. Let's see how this copy paste works:

link here: http://www.tsn.ca/team-canada-men-s-roster-2015-world-championship-1.256965

Forwards:

Sean Couturier

Sydney Crosby

Matt Duchene

Cody Eakin

Jordan Eberle

Tyler Ennis

Claude Giroux

Taylor Hall

Nathan MacKinnon

Ryan Nugent- Hopkins

Ryan O'Reilly

Braden Schenn

Tyler Seguin

Jason Spezza

Tyler Toffoli

D:

Tyson Barrie

Brent Burns

Aaron Ekblad

Dan Hamhuis

Jake Muzzin

David Savard

Patrick Wiercioch

Goaltenders:

Mike Smith

Martin Jones

--------------------------------

I'm just going to turn this into the WC thread.

Schedule here: http://www.tsn.ca/2014-15-canadian-hockey-on-tsn-schedule-1.117895

First game is this Friday May 1st vs. Latvia at 7 am pst, 10 am est.

Forwards:

Matt Duchene

Cody Eakin

Jordan Eberle

Tyler Ennis

Claude Giroux

Taylor Hall

Nathan MacKinnon

Ryan Nugent- Hopkins

Ryan O'Reilly

Tyler Seguin

Jason Spezza

Tyler Toffoli

I'm surprised no Seguin though

Wat

Good point, forgot about him.

Added to that list of Benn (IR?), Doughty is Luongo, Carter, Richards?, Garrison (went last year), Huberdeau?, Gudbranson?

I think they're sticking to a young roster this year, still some notable omissions.

Garrison is in the playoffs lol

Added to that list of Benn (IR?), Doughty is Luongo, Carter, Richards?, Garrison (went last year), Huberdeau?, Gudbranson?

I think they're sticking to a young roster this year, still some notable omissions.

NO source on this, but usually the really good Canadian players that miss the playoffs a lot of then opt out of the World championships and I have no clue why. For example in the past, guys like Paul kariya and Jarome Iginla will often turn it down, not sure why, quite insulting actually, it feels like they feel they have an entitlement or something. It would have been a total game Changer for team Canada for once if we were actually able to ice some of our best available players like how Russia will always have ovechkin and Kovalchuk etc etc.

anyways, Canada should be able to win it, lets hope some deadbeat team like France doesn't defeat us.

I laughed. Didn't see the whole sentence until just now.

Archived