The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Four Things I learned on Canucks Breakfast on Team 1040

cabinessence

I learned 4 things from the Canucks Breakfast this morning on Team 1040 that I did not know. According to Jake Edwards and Pratt:

• The Canucks lost 5 games in a row this season just once (DP)
  • The Sedins are 35 (DP)
  • Rogers Arena seats 20,000 (JE)
  • The Canucks played last night (April 16) (JE)

This was all in a bout a 10 minute span. Do these guys have any accountability to the listener for providing correct information?

Time and time again I torture myself with the fake laughter,stories of craziness, delusions of being a rock n roll star, and Jake's outburst s shouting HE"S AWESOME YEAH!!!! in lieu of commenting. Even Pratt once in a while seems disturbed by Jake's shouting for comedic effect.

At least get the facts right. Does anyone ever let them know how off base they are. What happens if a young listener reiterates to his friend that the Sedins are 35 and he knows it to be true because he heard it on the radio?

Is there a way that the listener who tunes in to let them know they need to get the info right at least?

The Canucks did lose 5 in a row this season just once. Unless you're not counting that because some of the losses were in OT?

What happens if a young listener reiterates to his friend that the Sedins are 35 and he knows it to be true because he heard it on the radio?

Um, he thinks they're one year older than they actually are and his friend either corrects him or not? Yeah, the Sedins aren't 35 but I'm not seeing the big deal here.

The Canucks did lose 5 in a row this season just once. Unless you're not counting that because some of the losses were in OT?

Um, he thinks they're one year older than they actually are and his friend either corrects him or not? Yeah, the Sedins aren't 35 but I'm not seeing the big deal here.

I think its the point that, why is this the information they are talking about?

What team that makes the playoffs has lost five straight TWICE in a season? Moreover, why does that stat matter in the playoffs when it is not possible to lose five games in a row.

I learned 4 things from the Canucks Breakfast this morning on Team 1040 that I did not know. According to Jake Edwards and Pratt:

• The Canucks lost 5 games in a row this season just once (DP)
  • The Sedins are 35 (DP)
  • Rogers Arena seats 20,000 (JE)
  • The Canucks played last night (April 16) (JE)

1-is true

2- Sedins are 35 before training camp and closer to 35 than 34

3-they rounded to a nice easy number... so what

4-obviously they play every 2 days and they said 'last night' meaning their last game. it's live radio

Got to agree with those who said not to listen anymore.

I haven't been able to stomach Pratt since his last stint on the afternoon show with Don Taylor.

His constant ceaseless rants about bike lanes and the mayor and how everything was way better in the "good old days" of the late 70s early 80s. And his pure lack of knowledge of anything that's happening In The world.

I refuse to listen to anything he says anymore.

Life is better that way.

Can't stand their show.....Pratt sounds like he's hyperventilating all the time.......

I've heard them say the wrong score for the game the night before :shock:

and when Daniel received his 1000th game award Pratt said something about 'did you see the look on the girls faces when they mentioned Disneyland'....ummm....dont' think Daniel's son appreciated that comment.

They both need to be sent out to the pasture.

It is a terrible show and I don't listen to it any more. Pratt and Bro Jake trying to pretend like they are buddies with James Duthie, yelling into the mic, spending more time reading commercials than talking about hockey. Not worth my time.

their show is annoying, I only listen to it waiting for their guests to come on but most of the time it's just background noise until Blake and Price show comes on. They are much more entertaining and knowledgeable.

I sort of wish they brought back Botchford and Rintoul to the morning show which was my favourite show by far.

One thing I've learned by this thread, don't open them if they're by cabinessence.

Elvis15, that is just mean. You should be reported for prejudice. Also, did 14 other people beat you to a user name, but you still couldn't come up with something original? Or is 15 a special number for you?

Archived