3rd Period:

CGY 02:14 - Sam Bennett (1)
CGY 14:36 (PPG) - Sean Monahan (1)
VAN 17:41 - Jannik Hansen (1)

GOALIES:

VAN: E. Lack (L) CGY: J. Hiller (W)

Shawn Matthias' 1-1 Goal:

Jannik Hansen's 2-4 Goal:

This was easily the worst performance from our entire D corps all season. They were playing scared and it cost us the game. The biggest difference was that the Nucks stopped playing the body. The Canucks can not let Ferland stay in their kitchen.

A lot of people on here are going to be all doom and gloom but I am confident that if the Canucks can win the next game we are in good shape. However it is going to need to be a MUCH better performance than tonight. I think it is worth the consideration to bring in SB as well. Although it will be tough to bench RK. Tough decisions on the horizon for Willy, that's for sure.

Winner of Game 4 wins the series. Go Nucks!

We failed.

Worst thing we can do is feed the Flames ego and give their building life. The Saddledome is a madhouse, shut it up early and play a disciplined road game.

After the end of Game 2 Hartley probably thinks we'll be reciprocating all the dirty things he throws at us, so let them play dirty, let them take penalties and CAPITALIZE.

Eager cost the Sharks their series, let Ferland cost the Flames this one.

Canucks deserved not to win today. Pathetic effort and Flames out-disciplined, out-hustled, and out-performed us in every phase of the game. Poor performance and I hope we coming out swinging next game. If not, hard to imagine us coming back, down 1-3 series, so best not to let it reach there in the first place.

And on a side note, it's pathetic how many times Lack gets run over. I know he's a newbie and all but even during the regular season, every game the opposing team has run into Lack at least 2-3 times a game and the boys haven't responded like they should. I know refs keep a close eye giving extra notice to more experienced goalies but if they can't do it for Lack, the boys should be fighting to the end to ensure the message is sent and teams don't take freebie shots at Lack each rush.

...only positive was Juice putting Ferland on his ass at the end of the game. That's the type of fight back we need. Let's go get em next game! :towel:

Archived