The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller time

canuckster19

Just stating the obvious. People were so sure Lack was the saviour. Like I stated before, Miller is the #1 goalie and he plays like it.

4 goals allowed in the 3rd period.

Goaltending meltdown in classic Cloutier/Luongo fashion.

4 goals allowed in the 3rd period.

Goaltending meltdown in classic Cloutier/Luongo fashion.

Not even close. Cloutier/Luongo had decent defense. Plus I blame WD for putting in Miller when everyone in the world knew he wasn't 100%. Eddie Lack took us into the playoffs and lets in one bad goal and he gets yanked.

I'm really not impressed with WD.

Canucks won tonight, Miller lost.

If he gets his head out of his ass and listens to Rollie, he'd play deeper in his net. Why do you think flames kept trying back door plays? They don't always try those plays...if he plays deeper, he makes the saves.

Also, Willie's an idiot. If Miller was 100% he would've made that first save on the 2 on 1, he didn't have the strength in his leg to push off. And if he could make that save...Lack would've also.

If Lack plays, we're going to game 7. And we win.

Hindsight is 20/20...I know. But Willie made some huge mistakes this series...If he doesn't improve next year he better have a short leash.

A couple of chances early but Miller makes some big stops. I think our D is too used to playing in front of a veteran goalie.

Just stating the obvious. People were so sure Lack was the saviour. Like I stated before, Miller is the #1 goalie and he plays like it.

If this was playing like our #1 goalie, we're in for a long two years.

Really, he shouldn't have been playing except to relieve the guy who was actually healthy and had been playing. I put it on WD, not Miller, but then imo WD's goalie handling leaves a lot to be desired much of the time.

Did not like the signing to begin with and hate it even more now. He looked terrible with the Blue's STACKED and arguably the best defensive core in in the league last year, so I'm not sure what Benning saw in him that made him throw a 6mil 3 year contract at him right after.

Indeed it is. He did no better than Luongo in this big game - letting in 5 goals - for $7,500,000.00. Great value - eh? Trade him down to California where he wants to be and give Lach the keys to the car!

No Californian team wanted him when he was a UFA so they won't even trade a bag of pucks for him.

Also, Eddie's last name is Lack.

:frantic: Fans on here couldn't wait to get Miller back in net. The fact that his last 15 games before his injury were subpar meant little. He came back into this series off a injury which should have kept him out until at least the 2nd round. That said Benning should have traded Miller going into the March deadline prior to his injury. Wishful thinking on my part but that would have been the optimal scenario. He has less value now but might be part of a bigger deal which could achieve the same result.

Oddly enough the loss last night probably gives Benning the opportunity to make the big changes he probably wanted to do all along. The Van org is fighting a perception battle with the fan base. This loss probably makes the fanbase more open to radical change. IMHO the fundamental approach to the game has to change in Vancouver. Currently it is tilted to far to the finesse approach which the Twins are so good at. They are so world class that I think it has resulted in the entire roster trying to emulate their play. More balance is needed.

Miller still has some fuel left in him, he was one of the top goaltenders for a few years when he played for Buffalo, he had zero impact with St. Louis which is why they unloaded him. But injury got the best of him this year and hopefully he starts fresh after the off season.

You people sound so dumb!!! He just came back from a long leave...Very rusty... Anyone would be! He wasn't even 100%...

This, that's why Lack was in net for most of the first round.

Did not like the signing to begin with and hate it even more now. He looked terrible with the Blue's STACKED and arguably the best defensive core in in the league last year, so I'm not sure what Benning saw in him that made him throw a 6mil 3 year contract at him right after.

wtf? You just described Rask with Boston's defense all the way around last year. Miller hardly played that many games with the Blues anyways.

Archived