The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sorry fellow Canucks fans, we are NOT getting past the first round.

Demolition Dangler

Yup, I said it finally.

I thought this year would be different because of new faces in the organization.

Nope.

Look at the Sedins... They could end up playing worse in the playoffs than the previous 2 playoffs against the Sharks and Kings. 1 point in 3 games each.

Look at the second line. We don't really have a second line. The loss of Kesler was significant and it showed.

Lineup shuffling has to be done, and Horvat must be given more minutes and a bigger offensive role. Bonino and Higgins should be demoted to the third line. That's where they would be most effective.

Call up Sven Baertschi. Having the chip on his shoulder would fuel the Canucks lineup to punish the Flames. He would be able to provide more offense to the top 6 as well.

Play Vrbata with the sedins. Second line should be Baertschi Horvat Burrows. Third line should be Richardson Bonino Higgins and fourth line should be Kenins matthias and Hansen.

Making these moves may increase our chances in this 7 game series. But after the way we played in game 1 and 3, our chances are slim.

I predict the canucks to get pummeled by the Flames in the next 2 games straight.

We WILL lose this series 1-4, just like the way we lost to the Kings. The veterans will NEVER carry this team to stanley cup contention again after the one time in 2011. Young guns are the future, and they will carry us.

CHANGE IS COMING.

I hope we get past the first round so we can stick this thread up your ass.

I hope so too. However I will save myself from the disappointment when the Canucks actually lose the next 2 games.

I am not a troll. I just want us fans to see both sides of the picture after the way they played against a supposedly inexperienced and young team.

Not with that attitude... You know it's only 2-1, right?

Yeah maybe I had a few too many beers while watching the game tonight. But, you all saw the game right? The kind of helplessness I saw in the Canucks, and the inconsistent effort reminds me of the time we played the blackhawks, bruins, and the Kings. We all know how those turned out.

I know this might be hated on (my comment) but I think Vey might surprise us due to his passing and hockey iq in the offensive zone. I say we give him a shot next game, I know he is weak defensively but his skill in the offensive zone might be worthy. Also, if not Vey, I think a guy like Conacher would be great because he has the experience.

Conacher 8 gp 3 goals -2 with Ottawa in his last performance in the playoffs. Either way, the Canucks' will have to put in a player who is weak defensively, unless Willie chooses Mcmillian who is better defensively but horrible offensively.

Also, off topic, but does anyone know were to bet on games?

I guess the only bright side I saw from these games is BO HORVAT. He has been playing with heart and with a veteran aura...

the problem with this team is drum roll............................................

DEFENCE, for the life of it they just can't box out players. Go watch the Ducks series you will see players slashed,cross-checked and moved from the front of the goal-tender. This defence need a huge change to it. I would go with this next year.

Tanev - Edler - I don't mind this tandem, they are good for the future.

Sbisa ( doubt he can be traded) -----

Corrado ----

Extras will be Clendenning

We need some big D-men who do the simple job of moving out players from the crease. Benning has to change the culture of our defence. Teams just skate and cycle around them without our defence doing anything but just chasing. I would go for toughness and skill.

Yeah maybe I had a few too many beers while watching the game tonight. But, you all saw the game right? The kind of helplessness I saw in the Canucks, and the inconsistent effort reminds me of the time we played the blackhawks, bruins, and the Kings. We all know how those turned out.

Regardless, this kind of thread shouldn't be started until we're down 3-0 in the series, and it's the last five minutes of a blowout for the loss. Support your team.

It isn't over until its over. Remember when the Blackhawks almost came back from 3-0 down, and forced game 7? They didn't win, but they brought it to OT. At that point it is literally anyone's game/series. They had just as much a chance of taking that series as we did, and it just so happened that we got the next goal.

This is Calgary of 2015 (not the President's Trophy winning team of 2011). If the Blackhawks had a chance, so do we. Any stats you can pull are still meaningless; it's been three games in a different kind of game. Drink some water, maybe have a couple slices of bread, and sleep. Come back in the morning.

I hope so too. However I will save myself from the disappointment when the Canucks actually lose the next 2 games.

I am not a troll. I just want us fans to see both sides of the picture after the way they played against a supposedly inexperienced and young team.

Yeah, just a cowardly bandwagon-jumper. Gonna hop back on if they win Tuesday?

the amount of bandwagoners jumping off is too damn high! don't worry, we won't be saving you any room once the canucks win on Tuesday and you want back in :)

Yeah, just a cowardly bandwagon-jumper. Gonna hop back on if they win Tuesday?

Alright you two, I'm still gonna watch the next game. But I won't be optimistic about the outcome. That's not being a bandwagoner in my definition.

Regardless, this kind of thread shouldn't be started until we're down 3-0 in the series, and it's the last five minutes of a blowout for the loss. Support your team.

It isn't over until its over. Remember when the Blackhawks almost came back from 3-0 down, and forced game 7? They didn't win, but they brought it to OT. At that point it is literally anyone's game/series. They had just as much a chance of taking that series as we did, and it just so happened that we got the next goal.

This is Calgary of 2015 (not the President's Trophy winning team of 2011). If the Blackhawks had a chance, so do we. Any stats you can pull are still meaningless; it's been three games in a different kind of game. Drink some water, maybe have a couple slices of bread, and sleep. Come back in the morning.

Yes thanks man I know, I'm drinking water and getting some sleep soon. Comebacks can be accomplished, but I guess im still not optimistic about the next few games b/c we are not the blackhawks, and we are not the bruins. We don't have good comeback records in our playoff history. We'll see how the next game goes.

If we lose game 4, the mountain will be a tough one to climb. No point saying it's over until it is over though.

Yeah and expect the canucks to win 3 straight in a playoff series after such inconsistent performances in the past. We'll see about that. I say we have a better chance next year when playoff no-shows get removed from the lineup. We don't want to end up like San Jose with all their talent while their top players don't show up in the playoffs enough.

Common whats up with the pessimism here?

Our team is full of old quality engines that need a couple of games to get to full power, we will bounce back and win this in 7! I would have loved being able to sit in the locker room during todays post game discussion, you think WD gave them a good roasting? I feel like they would need someone to really wake them up, its game 4 of the Playoffs... now lets put those flames out!

changes have to be made.

need to give more time to the youth, need skills and speed.

my lineup :

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Horvat Vrbata

Kenins Bonino Hansen

Dorsett Matthias Richardson

Scratch Higgins, everytime he has / touches the puck you KNOW that the play is gonna die.

Tanev Edler

Hamhuis Bieksa

Sbisa Weber

I lost confidence in our Dcorps, aside from Tanev every single guys seems to be a liability in their own zone. Bieksa adds physicality tho, Sbisa too but in a lesser extent, and tends to make a lot of bad plays.

Keep Lack, he holds the fort.

Archived