The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie Needs to shake it up

canadiangunner

He needs to change the lines up to create better role clarity and speed in the top 6 and more grit and a energy line. Right now its a mix on every line and simply is not working. I propose the following:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata - load it up and get Vrbata going

Burrows Horvat Baertschi - Horvat best forward so far, up his minutes and get a goal scorer in there!

Higgins Bonino Mathias - Great third line, defensively responsible, big bodies

Hansen Richardson Dorsett - All grit, energy line, bang and bang some more!

Edler Tanev

Bieksa Hamhuis

Weber Stanton

Ride the first 4 d-men and get Weber on for PP.

The only thing I believe he needs to change is the second line -Virby has been completely useless playing with very slow bonino - they're is no possession with those 3... I'd put virby back with the sedins and burrows on the second so he can retreat the puck like he does for the sedins.

Matthias appears on the Bonino line and scores almost instantly. Rewarded by being put back on the Richardson line.

If this is the year, and it is, then we'll need Matthias to be a playoff hero for us.

So happens to be one of the two players willing to drive the net. The other one being Horvat.

I don't think it is matter of line chemistry.

Those two players are clearly indicating there is a common factor for success.

I also find the 'second' line to be very stale; and cringe every time Weber or Sbisa touches the puck.

I'd also like to see a top four D or Edler, Hamhuis, Tanev, and Bieksa. Sadly after that the defence is pretty thin.

It looks like bonino and matthias are in sync together. I'd like to see

Sedin-sedin-vrbata

matthias-bonino-burrows

higgins-bo-kassian (where is kassian?)

hansen-richardson-(kennins/dorset).

So happens to be one of the two players willing to drive the net. The other one being Horvat.

I don't think it is matter of line chemistry.

Those two players are clearly indicating there is a common factor for success.

It might be a matter of line chemistry if a line doesn't have anyone driving the net. Maybe that will change in game 4 though. Players cannot go full-out all playoffs long.

He needs to change the lines up to create better role clarity and speed in the top 6 and more grit and a energy line. Right now its a mix on every line and simply is not working. I propose the following:

Burrows Horvat Baertschi - Horvat best forward so far, up his minutes and get a goal scorer in there!

Higgins Bonino Mathias - Great third line, defensively responsible, big bodies

Hansen Richardson Dorsett - All grit, energy line, bang and bang some more!

Edler Tanev

Bieksa Hamhuis

Weber Stanton

Ride the first 4 d-men and get Weber on for PP.

I think WD's loyalty and stubbornness may be the downfall this playoffs. There were no adjustments made during the game yesterday despite being badly outplayed, out competed and outsmarted. I really think the team's offensive stars need to play more when you are down and searching for goals. What is the point of rolling out the higgins line when they were not generating anything?

If Kassian was healthy Ferland wouldn't be running around as much.

Too bad he's injured.

or if we decided to throw a few hits ourselves.. we got out hit 30+ to 18 last game...

Ottawa their last game had 25 in the first period and ended the night with 60+ ...

its the playoffs you cannot have 18 hits in a whole game... thats embarassing.

Ferland has no problem running our guys because we've barely been able to hit their top 3 or even their top 3 defenders..

I love dorsett but he had 0 hits last game... we need them to amp up the intensity and play every game like its game 7

Matthias appears on the Bonino line and scores almost instantly. Rewarded by being put back on the Richardson line.

If this is the year, and it is, then we'll need Matthias to be a playoff hero for us.

Matthias is a passenger. He flashes that drive once every two weeks.

Why can't he use that frame consistently?

or if we decided to throw a few hits ourselves.. we got out hit 30+ to 18 last game...

Ottawa their last game had 25 in the first period and ended the night with 60+ ...

its the playoffs you cannot have 18 hits in a whole game... thats embarassing.

Ferland has no problem running our guys because we've barely been able to hit their top 3 or even their top 3 defenders..

I love dorsett but he had 0 hits last game... we need them to amp up the intensity and play every game like its game 7

That's sad.

They don't need to hit Calgary's top 3, they are too busy making them irrelevant. If you've noticed, Calgary's top line isn't winning them the games.

Think about the difference from Game 2 and 3. Canucks came out flying in game 2, with limited giveaways and solid passing all around. They wernt overly physical, they damn right outplayed them.

Flames showed up in game 3 (with the help from their crowd). Willies first nhl playoff road game, not only the team looked rattled, he did. The big question is what do they do next game... If they play their game and get solid "first" passes, Watch out and cheer!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Willie seems like AV all over again. He doesn't seem to be able to coach in a game. Maybe he is too busy hanging on to his clip board, and trying to figure a way to get his Vey in a game. If they lose the next game then Bening and Linden have failed.

I don't want to imagine those three in a scrum together without more sandpaper... don't think it'd go well for them.

I think Zack could honestly become a difference-maker in this series. Without him, I'd like to see

Dank - Hank - Burr

Matthias - Horvat - Vrbata (three skaters who can score)

Higgins - Bones - Hansen (I'd trust that for a 3rd line, they can create off the rush, be physical and defend)

Kenins - Richie - Dorsett (energy 4th line)

If he can return anytime soon, I'd love to see some balance of physical skill and talent on each line:

Dank - Hank - Burr

Matthias - Bones - Kassian (Matthias seems to have chemistry with both these guys)

Hansen - Horvat - Vrbata (all three can fly, and both wingers can snipe)

Higgins - Richie - Dorsett (all three can hit and play well defensively)

Archived