The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to Bring Back Zack Kassian!

Zigmund.Palffy

This is not the first time Kass has been out with a back injury. In 2013 He was out for a bit with what was called a "Back Tweak". Maybe there is and underlying reason why is physical play has been sporadic this season. It would not be the first time the Canucks Medical stall blew the call on a back injury

so we traded a guy who previously had a herniated disk, for one who now currently has one. nice

Daniel Sedin and Edler have had theirs surgically repaired too, I guess we should also get rid of them then

I guessed a while ago Zack has back hernia. Only logical explanation I could think of considering he can't even skate and when he played, any contact to his back seemed extremely painful.

You guessed wrong, no such thing as a back hernia

^Weise mentioned a few posts back. Really liked that guy.

Burrows, Hansen, Edler, Weise, & heck, any 4th liners... Torts the Tarantula hit Vancouver like the black death. Rather amazing how quickly they rebounded, considering.

If nothing else, even if it's just a short PO appearance, at least some of Van's assets got a boost in relative-value.

Weise was gritty and could score when he was here but, it seems like the management has had a habit over the years of ridding us of these type of players. Does anyone think things will be different with Linden at the helm ?

Maybe Zack can help Canucks fans from getting beat up by Calgary fans in Rogers Arena.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-canucks-vs-calgary-flames-fan-fight-caught-on-video-1.3041389 :bigblush:

This Calgary fan doesnt look like he beat anyone up....what a waste of time and money ...going to a game .. getting drunk..fight and get thrown out.

Flames-Canucks-Fan-Fight_zpshhjeenko.jpg

This is not the first time Kass has been out with a back injury. In 2013 He was out for a bit with what was called a "Back Tweak". Maybe there is and underlying reason why is physical play has been sporadic this season. It would not be the first time the Canucks Medical stall blew the call on a back injury

I think the fine print in the Hodgson-Kassian trade said we have to trade one guy with an undiagnosed back problem for another.

The Sabres got stuck with a less than ideal contract. That's a negative.

Canucks potentially may have lost an asset for almost nothing. That's a negative.

Clearly you've thought out all the possible factors in this trade. Two factors, one for each team. Yeah.

1. The Canucks didn't get stuck with a 'less than ideal contract' and not even be able to use said asset since he's playing terribly. Big positive.
  2. The Canucks did get a young power forward in return for that asset that isn't a cost liability. Unless his career is over he's an positive when healthy.

I like how people in here have no idea what they are talking about. The problem with Vancouver is so painfully evident it has absolutely nothing to do with size it has to do with speed. In order to win the Canucks have to get their opponents to play their slow style of play. If a team like Calgary doesn't buy into that and uses their speed it causes huge problems for Vancouver because our D is slow our top line is the slowest in the league and our second line is not a whole lot better. Bonino looks like he is skating in quick sand most of the time. The Horvat line is so effective because of how fast it is. They hit they check and they can out skate or are just as fast as any line out there.

Zack is a big guy that can skate. He is going absolutely no where.

Oh yeah well they didn't look slow in game 2.(or game 1 for that matter) If anything they looked faster than Calgary.

That game saw them return to the style they were playing at the beginning of the season until they took a hiding at Rogers (NYR?) then Willie said it was too open and that he would have to change his tactics to a tighter less open game, which he did.

You miss the big guy, don't you.

His play, no. His great attitude and overall optimism, yes.

Zack is a playmaker who needs to play with other playmakers or he just looks mediocre.

He's a very good fit and has great synergy with the Sedins. When he's on their line, he lives up to his expectations.

The Sabres didn't and still don't have playmakers of the calibre of the Sedins. That's why he was always in the doghouse.

This Calgary fan doesnt look like he beat anyone up....what a waste of time and money ...going to a game .. getting drunk..fight and get thrown out.

Flames-Canucks-Fan-Fight_zpshhjeenko.jpg

Obviously I'm trolling.

Although I personally love the video last year of the Bills fan mouthing off in the Jet's stadium and getting knocked out so fast and hard that he ended up bent over a seat as* up unconscious. They may get kicked out but it's free entertainment for the rest of us. lol

I'd post the video but I'm on my cell phone.

His play, no. His great attitude and overall optimism, yes.

Zack is a playmaker who needs to play with other playmakers or he just looks mediocre.

He's a very good fit and has great synergy with the Sedins. When he's on their line, he lives up to his expectations.

The Sabres didn't and still don't have playmakers of the calibre of the Sedins. That's why he was always in the doghouse.

You seem to post a lot about him here, so I think there's something more than just trolling. But maybe not.

Archived