The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd McLellan as New Head Coach?

vladimirpuck

Could Desjardins be fired if they lose against the Flames? Maybe not but Todd McLellan is available and I know for sure if he was the coach of this team Ferland wouldn't be hitting everyone at will. Most likely Ferland would have been put in his place in game 1. I think McLellan could be the guy that leads this team back to being a successful playoff team though. Hope Linden and Benning at least think about it. It's the playoffs and Desjardins is playing the Sedins only 15 minutes a game!?!?!?!?

I wouldn't mind if he got fired personally but I really don't think it's gonna happen. In Jim's eyes he did everything he was supposed too and that was make the playoffs. However it is very frustrating seeing how bad some of the moves he is making in this postseason and it is fairly obvious he is being out coached by Hartley.

Id say even if we had a really bad year next year it would be highly doubtful he would get fired.

Having McLellan would be great since he's had the Canucks's book for years. Maybe he'd be able to know what needs to be fixed.

However, as great as it would be to have McLellan coach our team, Willie just got hired and I doubt he would get fired anytime soon. Especially since he has already exceeded expectations with where the team finished off this year.

Besides, some may forget that Willie is a rookie NHL coach. He's got as much NHL playoff experience as the amount of playoff games we've played this year. I understand it's frustrating, but hopefully Willie will learn from this experience whether we win or lose.

Willie fired? Jesus guys. WTF. We were suppose to be retooling this year, we were lucky to even make the playoffs. The players are just as much, if not more to blame than Willie. How about we trade the whole team while we are at it.

Just Silly.

Desjardins will almost certainly given more than one year. This team isn't ready to contend yet, but we have loads of young guns waiting in the ranks and I believe that Willie D will be given a chance to lead them.

LOL at firing Willie after posting a 48-29-5 record and should be up for the Jack Adams this year. Sure he may not be making all the moves you arm chair coaches want but for crying out loud this is like after the 2011 finals when a small group of CDCers were calling for AV's head. The season isn't even over yet and some are calling for Willies head now ? I mean did a lot of you of think that Calgary were going to just be easy picking for the Nucks ?

LOL at firing Willie after posting a 48-29-5 record and should be up for the Jack Adams this year. Sure he may not be making all the moves you arm chair coaches want but for crying out loud this is like after the 2011 finals when a small group of CDCers were calling for AV's head. The season isn't even over yet and some are calling for Willies head now ? I mean did a lot of you of think that Calgary were going to just be easy picking for the Nucks ?

Not even close, but I agree with you in that firing him would be ridiculous.

Willie fired? Jesus guys. WTF. We were suppose to be retooling this year, we were lucky to even make the playoffs. The players are just as much, if not more to blame than Willie. How about we trade the whole team while we are at it.

Just Silly.

This.

Archived