The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jets @ Canucks, March 28, 1991

Tiger-Hearted

Do you remember where you were during this classic 1991 do-or-die game between the Canucks and the Jets at the Pacific Coliseum? I was at my buddy's house and he, his mom and I watched this unforgettable game. The Canucks were down 2-0 and clawed their way back to win 3-2 in overtime on Geoff Courtnall's power play goal, therefore, clinching the final playoff berth in the old Smythe Division.

So, here's a trip down memory lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5CC9iHVoVw

Do you remember where you were during this classic 1991 do-or-die game between the Canucks and the Jets at the Pacific Coliseum? I was at my buddy's house and he, his mom and I watched this unforgettable game. The Canucks were down 2-0 and clawed their way back to win 3-2 in overtime on Geoff Courtnall's power play goal, therefore, clinching the final playoff berth in the old Smythe Division.

So, here's a trip down memory lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5CC9iHVoVw

i went to the game and my dad caught a puck and gave it to me! something i will never forget..

That was the start of a great few years for the Canucks.

Saw the pieces Quinn brought in payoff immediately. Ronning was magic down the stretch.

I still remember game 3 OT beating LA for a shocking 2-1 series lead. Sure we lost the series 4-2 but that team never quit.

Still don't know about Nedved asking for 99's stick after though...

Too bad I have to follow the lead of a few other members and say I was with my dad in Ibiza on a certain honeymoon... My mom was probably now expecting it, butI happened any way and I sure as h*ll didn't watch the game but I sure now as I have a chance to... thanks for the trip down memory lane... :)

Game was not even orginally scheduled to be televised - Chek 6 added it at the last moment because of its importance.

I sure as hell don't miss the days of 20 games a year on BCTV/Chek, 6 on TSN and maybe 8 on CBC. I'll take Kypreos and Stock wall to wall anyday over not being able to see 50 of the games.

Tom Larscheid: "Jim, its been a turtle derby, but it was a beauty tonight."

Archived