The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikael Backlund Guarantee's a Flame Victory in Game 6: "No way we lose at home".

HowYaDrouin

He might have a point.

But doesn't matter. I still think the score order for game 3 is the series.

If we win next game, I believe the flames will win in 7.

I say that because the quality of scoring chances they are generating are higher than ours. Sooner or later it will come back to bite us.

Whether or not Backlund is right ultimately depends on the Canucks bucking the disturbing trend of letting their foot off the gas and being complacent with a gutsy win. We have seen them come out unprepared and unfocused after big emotional wins before. Let's hope they know it has to be pedal to the metal from opening face off to final buzzer.

After you ripped Bieksa a new one for the dumb dumbs comment this is all you have to say about this?

Lol, hypocritical much...

Come on man... Had juice said this, you'd be allllll over him saying he should keep his mouth shut.

If in fact, you were against juice calling a guy a bum bum... This has to be worse. No?

I don't think it's worse. Calling your opponent an idiot is just immature and not something that you expect from a 33 years old grizzled veteran. This was after game 2 win and Bieksa talked like we've won the series already, now, that's looking past your opponent.

I mean, I called a fellow member of this board an idiot few days ago and I'm regretting saying that. It's just immature on your part to call someone idiot or whatever (unless they really are clowns/rats like Dustin Brown). I bet Bieksa regrets saying what he said about Ferland and I think that's why we saw focussed Bieksa in game 5. He has started to play much better; I could see that Kevin has gone back to just playing hockey and that's Kevin Bieksa that we have known for the last decade: gritty player that takes the hit, makes plays, and grinds it out.

Backlund is just showing a bit of desperation. He knows they got dominated in game 5. I mean outshot, 43-21? He knows they've played poorly and wanted to let the fans know that they will play hard in game 6. That's all there is to it. He didn't underestimate or name called any of the Canucks.

I don't think it's worse. Calling your opponent an idiot is just immature and not something that you expect from a 33 years old grizzled veteran. This was after game 2 win and Bieksa talked like we've won the series already, now, that's looking past your opponent.

I mean, I called a fellow member of this board an idiot few days ago and I'm regretting saying that. It's just immature on your part to call someone idiot or whatever (unless they really are clowns/rats like Dustin Brown). I bet Bieksa regrets saying what he said about Ferland and I think that's why we saw focussed Bieksa in game 5. He has started to play much better; I could see that Kevin has gone back to just playing hockey and that's Kevin Bieksa that we have known for the last decade: gritty player that takes the hit, makes plays, and grinds it out.

Backlund is just showing a bit of desperation. He knows they got dominated in game 5. I mean outshot, 43-21? He knows they've played poorly and wanted to let the fans know that they will play hard in game 6. That's all there is to it. He didn't underestimate or name called any of the Canucks.

so you think! and im sure thats all messier and bertuzi where doing as well...

The young arrogance of the Flames is impressive. It's clear they have a lot of belief in themselves. Which they should, their season has been impressive.

Canucks have been great on the road all year. Hopefully they can pull out another impressive effort. I know they have it in them- especially after how well they played in the game against the Kings in LA near the end of the season.

Bring it back to VAN boys.

He might have a point.

But doesn't matter. I still think the score order for game 3 is the series.

We take the series in 6. If we lose next game. I believe the flames will win in 7.

a bit early in the morning to be drinking, no? If the canucks lose next game, there is no game 7.

I don't get why people make a big deal when a guy guarantees a victory. What else is he supposed to say, I guarantee a loss?

He's supposed to spout platitudes, like "we just need to play our game" and "We're going to give 110%" and "We're really looking forward to this challenge" etc., etc...

Not saying they can't lose...

His teammates and coaches will never admit it, but players absolutely hate it when you day something like that. You're just doing all of the opponent's motivating for them.

I think Bert even skated by their bench saying to get their clubs ready when they were up in the game.

Yep. Willie talked about it later, when he became a Canuck.

I don't think Backlund was showing any desperation...the ball is still firmly in the Flames court...We were dominated in games 3 and 4 at the 'dome.

Come on man... Had juice said this, you'd be allllll over him saying he should keep his mouth shut.

If in fact, you were against juice calling a guy a bum bum... This has to be worse. No?

You are ignoring the obvious difference though. I am GLAD to see Calgary players making idiotic public statements. When our guys do it that is what I don't like. Especially guys who are supposed to be leaders on this team and do not have the best track record for being able to back up that arrogance on the ice.

I certainly hope Backlunds comments come back to bite him and his team like Bieksa's seemed to do to ours.

Archived