The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Going To Calgary - Game 6

FS91

I've eaten on the red mile a few times.....almost thought I'd get kicked out of restaurant's for not being a meat head with tattoo's....very interesting seen there. ........... :sadno::sadno:

I lived on the red mile (17th ave) for two years and i've never experienced anything like that.

This thread did not go the way I wanted haha. I was looking to find some travelling partners for a good time but instead I am now worried about coming back in one piece

You'll be fine. The worst you will hear is flames fans chirping you "don't burn down my city".. As long as you don't egg anyone on into starting anything nothing with happen.. I've got season tickets and go to all the games canucks are in town. Unfortunately I didn't get playoff tickets as I was in arizona for the first 4 games. Regretting it.

I was at the Merchant pub in Calgary for last night's game. Was in full Canucks gear and was only slightly harassed after while walking around. I had my husband with me in plain clothes so it wasn't too bad. If you're looking for a friendly pub check out Merchant or even Pig and Duke.

Love the pig and duke. The Canuck burger is a awesome.

Just watched coaches corner where they talked about every series last night , tonight's and even the Jets.

Not a word about the Canucks / Flames series going to game 6.

Those guys are completely indifferent to the Canucks but I'm surprised they didn't mention the Flames .

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/flames-organization-tells-fans-to-stop-harassing-women

Calgary Flames executives Ken King and Brian Burke are asking hockey fans along the Red Mile to stop behaving in an illegal, offensive manner after reports of sexual harassment, violent language and intimidation of women during playoff games.

Women say theyve been feeling threatened and unsafe along the Red Mile with fans yelling at them, asking them to take their shirts off, carrying posters that say things like Show your cans for Monahan.

An Albertan's guide to impressin' the ladies....

Should people in BC really be talking about keeping in classy....

Shirts off for kiprusoff vs rioting...

Yeah. Rioting is dumb for sure, but en masse sexual harassment is far more indicative of a deep cultural issue.

The rioting occurred twice in a 17 year span. The Red(neck) mile shenanigans are a pretty constant issue.

Nice try though.

Yeah. Rioting is dumb for sure, but en masse sexual harassment is far more indicative of a deep cultural issue.

The rioting occurred twice in a 17 year span. The Red(neck) mile shenanigans are a pretty constant issue.

Nice try though.

Red mile only happens when flames are in playoffs.... so once every 6 years. And the red mile is a party zone after the games, a lot like a mardi gras in new orleans....

Doesn't matter if rioting happens twice in 17 years vancouver is the laughing stock of the country for that. I've lived both cities and people in alberta are 100x more friendly than vancouver.

Red mile only happens when flames are in playoffs.... so once every 6 years. And the red mile is a party zone after the games, a lot like a mardi gras in new orleans....

Doesn't matter if rioting happens twice in 17 years vancouver is the laughing stock of the country for that. I've lived both cities and people in alberta are 100x more friendly than vancouver.

Perception is everything, isn't it? Maybe you just fit in better with the Red Mile crowd and their charming haberdashery.

Vancouver is the largest port on the Western seaboard and a far more established and recognized city than Calgary could ever hope to be.

Calgary has oil and Stephen Harper. Awesome......thanks for that.

Doesn't matter if rioting happens twice in 17 years vancouver is the laughing stock of the country. I've lived both cities and people in alberta are 100x more friendly than vancouver.

Living in Calgary you actually get to hear/see what happens. The Red mile is chaos dude. Just like white ave in EDM. Hundreds of arrests the first night of the red mile and white ave actually. Female officer was run over (not by a car)by a savage drunk and thrown into a mild coma. Buildings graffitied, cars windows smashed, fights everywhere. Not to mention tons of heffers taking their tops off. Yeah real classy.

Ever spend a night out in Cowtown ? Just as rude and ignorant as any major city in Canada.

Living in Calgary you actually get to hear/see what happens. The Red mile is chaos dude. Just like white ave in EDM. Hundreds of arrests the first night of the red mile and white ave actually. Female officer was run over (not by a car)by a savage drunk and thrown into a mild coma. Buildings graffitied, cars windows smashed, fights everywhere. Not to mention tons of heffers taking their tops off. Yeah real classy.

Having lived on 17th ave I've seen it all, i'm not saying it's ok, i'm just saying comparing it to what happened in 2011 in vancouver is not anywhere close. vancouver had over 5 million in damages.

Riot/destroying a city vs over excessive partying.....your really going to compare.

Ever spend a night out in Cowtown ? Just as rude and ignorant as any major city in Canada.

I live in Calgary currently.. I've lived on the red mile.... Yes anytime you go out and mix young people and alcohol the results are pretty much the same.

" boobs out for Gaudreau"

"Bjs for TJ "

"Take it off for kiprusof"?

^ some of the chants after game 4 lol

I thought it was kinda funny but I could see how some ladys might get offended.

"Dick in hand for ferland" or "whip out your noodler for hudler"

Having lived on 17th ave I've seen it all, i'm not saying it's ok, i'm just saying comparing it to what happened in 2011 in vancouver is not anywhere close. vancouver had over 5 million in damages.

Riot/destroying a city vs over excessive partying.....your really going to compare.

Destroying a city? Are you drunk?

All the buildings downtown are still standing and the people still alive.

Your comparison has zero legs and is sinking fast.

No one is defending riots. They were stupid and brought on by people with agendas who were on the Skytrain with gerry cans and prybars an hour before the game ended. Bastards the whole lot of em.

Don't use that back drop to somehow lessen the thoroughly disgusting antics of the genetic mistakes insulting the half of the population that endures not only that inane level of stupidity but 10-40 hours of labour birthing their dumb asses.

Destroying a city? Are you drunk?

All the buildings downtown are still standing and the people still alive.

Your comparison has zero legs and is sinking fast.

No one is defending riots. They were stupid and brought on by people with agendas who were on the Skytrain with gerry cans and prybars an hour before the game ended. Bastards the whole lot of em.

Don't use that back drop to somehow lessen the thoroughly disgusting antics of the genetic mistakes insulting the half of the population that endures not only that inane level of stupidity but 10-40 hours of labour birthing their dumb asses.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/24/vancouver-riot-damage-bill-near-5m

vs

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/red-mile-catcalling-prompts-pussy-cats-consent-team-during-flames-game-1.3045724

Again not saying one is ok and the other is not, just pointing that vancouver city shouldn't be bashing another city in keeping things classy. A bit hypocritical don't you think? Anyways that's beside the point this thread isn't a calgary vs vancouver....

the idiots in the riot pic sure look like nuck fans to me lmao just saying.....

It's true the most vocal and violent are the ones that aren't truly real hockey fans. There was a thing in the paper about how many people are joining the bandwagon having not even watched a single game this year or knowing who any player is.

Wow that photo in the link of the girl flashing on the Red Mile sure is creepy. Everyone with their phones out taking pictures. Lower back tatoo... ugh!

Now it has been established that the rioters in Vancouver that day were made up of a majority of low lifes looking for an excuse to start $hit. The scum of the lower mainland commenced on Downtown and mob rule took over. It was a shame the best disguise was a Canuck jersey. Sure there was a whole bunch of Canuck fans that took part but by no means was it made up of all Canuck fans.

and everyone seems to forget the thousand or so people that came out of there own free will to help clean up there city... that's pretty awesome.... i am just sick of hearing about the riots people always remember the bad....

Archived