The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GM Benning stumbles in his freshman year

Matt_T83

I'm actually okay with the Ryan Kesler deal -- he did the best he could under the circumstances. That, however, is one of the FEW good moves he made (Radim Vrbata signing being the other good one).

-signs Miller instead of Hiller. Calgary got a better goalie cheaper, and we had the chance to sign him?

-Let Santorelli go???? And then trades for Vey? We could have re-signed Santo, who was better, and given up nothing.

-signs Sbisa and Dorsett to HORRIBLE overpayment contracts. We should have just let Sbisa wait and reign @ 2.9m for 2 years, and that's it. Dorsett is replaceable.

Now we are stuck with Miller, Vey, Dorsett, and Sbisa for the next 2 years, with not enough cap room to make decent moves due to overpayments. I'm not impressed at all.

Meh, I expected us to make the playoffs.

We tanked last year because we had a horrible coach and Kesler was a locker room cancer. Pretty much everyone agreed with that assessment.

This team should have made the 2nd round against Calgary, and the future doesn't look bright going forward.

We tanked last year because we had a horrible coach and Kesler was a locker room cancer. Pretty much everyone agreed with that assessment.

This team should have made the 2nd round against Calgary, and the future doesn't look bright going forward.

:rolleyes:

Guest Dasein

Making the playoffs after selecting 6th overall is a pretty good for a "stumble"

Hopefully he keeps "stumbling" into building a contender this way

Says who? Could we have? Absolutely. Should we have? Not necessarily. Calgary works hard, and he a young, fast, hard hitting team.

Some Canucks "fans" need to get over their supposed superiority complex they have have against some teams. Times have changed.

On topic, Benning wanted us to make the playoffs, we made the playoffs.

Archived