The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Changes needed

Carl's Jn

I am going off an emotional feeling right now, but i believe things need still to change. A 3-0 lead and a 4-3 lead and they can't even get into overtime with the flames on a do or die game. In my mind something has to come from leadership(the captain, the coach, the president, or even the General Manager). You can clearly see the canucks stop skating and get out worked when they had a 3-0 lead... Henrik Sedin in an interview just said we didn't play to our standards... what the hell why why not in a do or die game... The twins for the most part all the time actually play a peripheral game and always no one is in front of the net. Our team is old and can't skate anymore... Defense is horrible just horrible. Willie D should of realized that our back end is weak and shortened the bench... I know changes won't come easy... they have to ride out contracts develop some more young talent... but for the love of god someone please recognize the canucks tendencies... I can't give flames credit for what they did because our team stopped trying.. Should Willie make a change in goal when the flames tied it 3-3? why didn't he. How the hell did we lose that game... same reason we have players that can't work or management that spots that...

On Defense

Sbisa- needs to go. way too many turnovers and the ducks probably knew that about him.

Bieska- old and is fading away... need to ride out his contract.

weber- way to slow... good shot but clearly not fast enough.

Edler- too many slashing penalties... weak shots no offense from him

hamius- still good

tanev- still good

twins aren't top players anymore.. they are on a decline and should be be on the second line... we need top players on our first line....

never seems to be any urgency with the team on rushes... certain style is so lame ... need players that can crash the net more...

vrbata or bonino ok as regular season guys.. but playoffs.. not that great

bo horvat... stud... what a stud.. reminds me of a young trevor linden.

miller and lack... didn't matter who was in net the team just stopped playing... both are good goalies.

anyways... done venting.. some changes have to made... can't sit back and be happy with this result... its shameful. many fans have faded away from the 2011 cup run... same old stuff we tried we just couldn't do it....

cheers ! can't wait till draft day.

Personally, I never thought the changes were done. The team is still a work in progress and hopefully we will see even more progress over the summer and through next year and beyond.

I am still pumped about the future of this team.

I am going off an emotional feeling right now, but i believe things need still to change. A 3-0 lead and a 4-3 lead and they can't even get into overtime with the flames on a do or die game. In my mind something has to come from leadership(the captain, the coach, the president, or even the General Manager). You can clearly see the canucks stop skating and get out worked when they had a 3-0 lead... Henrik Sedin in an interview just said we didn't play to our standards... what the hell why why not in a do or die game... The twins for the most part all the time actually play a peripheral game and always no one is in front of the net. Our team is old and can't skate anymore... Defense is horrible just horrible. Willie D should of realized that our back end is weak and shortened the bench... I know changes won't come easy... they have to ride out contracts develop some more young talent... but for the love of god someone please recognize the canucks tendencies... I can't give flames credit for what they did because our team stopped trying.. Should Willie make a change in goal when the flames tied it 3-3? why didn't he. How the hell did we lose that game... same reason we have players that can't work or management that spots that...

On Defense

Sbisa- needs to go. way too many turnovers and the ducks probably knew that about him.

Bieska- old and is fading away... need to ride out his contract.

weber- way to slow... good shot but clearly not fast enough.

Edler- too many slashing penalties... weak shots no offense from him

hamius- still good

tanev- still good

twins aren't top players anymore.. they are on a decline and should be be on the second line... we need top players on our first line....

never seems to be any urgency with the team on rushes... certain style is so lame ... need players that can crash the net more...

vrbata or bonino ok as regular season guys.. but playoffs.. not that great

bo horvat... stud... what a stud.. reminds me of a young trevor linden.

miller and lack... didn't matter who was in net the team just stopped playing... both are good goalies.

anyways... done venting.. some changes have to made... can't sit back and be happy with this result... its shameful. many fans have faded away from the 2011 cup run... same old stuff we tried we just couldn't do it....

cheers ! can't wait till draft day.

Cheer up bud, we over achieved this season and trevor and jim saw the same series we did, we are trending in the right direction i think and help is on the way. Remember... Utica is # 1 in their conference, that means gaunce, shinkaruk and many other propects are playing on a great team building a winning culture. Baer is heading back down to help them in the playoffs.

Garrison had a no trade and he got traded. the players who need to leave will leave.

Definitely need to make some trades. I disagree with Sbisa being useless because he stepped up and became useful in the playoffs. The only concerning thing I see from this team is the defence. There are several moments where the Defence has all the time in the world to either a) dump the puck or B) pass the puck before getting hit. But for some reason they would hold on to the puck till for so long that they are stuck with getting hit to make a play. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY? The only defenceman in our team that doesn't do this is Hamhuis.

Archived