The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Switching Jerseys/Logos Poll

Kanucklehead10

Which logo would you prefer?  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know that there isn't any actual confirmation on a jersey/logo switch potentially happening, but, I remember from about month ago that Trevor Linden touched on it a little bit when he was TSN1040.

Seeing as the Canucks have already gone into the stage of slowly starting in to bring the "new" generation Canucks and slowly moving on with their old core (potentially), I think it would be a fitting time to switch the logo to signify a new start and a refreshing look for the next generation Canucks.

I personally think that the current logo with the orca and "Vancouver" on top is pretty ugly.

Its pretty cool how the original six teams and some expansion teams like the Flyers, Penguins, Islanders..etc... have all kept their original logos (maybe some have altered a little bit) since they came into the league and they all have a really unique look to them because they have a simple, nice look that fits and looks good for a long time.

I prefer the white original stick in the rink (the white one, not the current cartoonish one we have as the current alternate jersey) logo because, it's simple, neat, looks good, and I think it's a classic that never gets old with Canucks fans. I think that logo could be right up there with the original six logos.

So, if you had a choice out of these options to pick as the Canucks logo for a long time.

Which would you choose to represent this team and this city?

Please also, add your own suggestions as well.

Keep the current flippin' logo. We'll never get any identity if we keep switching it up. We've had this one for a while now and if you combined it's tenure with the original orca, it's our longest tenured logo. We're finally getting a bit of identity, let's keep it.

Keep current. Stick in the rink sucks and is boring.may as well have a water bottle as our logo.

Why would a rink and hockey stick represent vancouver? Any team in the team could use that logo. And the 'c' that is creates is just as crap

Keep current. Stick in the rink sucks and is boring.may as well have a water bottle as our logo.

Why would a rink and hockey stick represent vancouver? Any team in the team could use that logo. And the 'c' that is creates is just as crap

I agree and I think this is why we need Johnny Canuck as our logo because our team is called... Wait for it ........... THE CANUCKS!!!!!!!!! When will management understand that. We don't need some stupid orca that means nothing. I do think we should keep the stick and rink as alternates however

I know that there isn't any actual confirmation on a jersey/logo switch potentially happening, but, I remember from about month ago that Trevor Linden touched on it a little bit when he was TSN1040.

Seeing as the Canucks have already gone into the stage of slowly starting in to bring the "new" generation Canucks and slowly moving on with their old core (potentially), I think it would be a fitting time to switch the logo to signify a new start and a refreshing look for the next generation Canucks.

I personally think that the current logo with the orca and "Vancouver" on top is pretty ugly.

Its pretty cool how the original six teams and some expansion teams like the Flyers, Penguins, Islanders..etc... have all kept their original logos (maybe some have altered a little bit) since they came into the league and they all have a really unique look to them because they have a simple, nice look that fits and looks good for a long time.

I prefer the white original stick in the rink (the white one, not the current cartoonish one we have as the current alternate jersey) logo because, it's simple, neat, looks good, and I think it's a classic that never gets old with Canucks fans. I think that logo could be right up there with the original six logos.

So, if you had a choice out of these options to pick as the Canucks logo for a long time.

I totally agree. Johnny Canuck would be my very first choice. However, I always loved and appreciated the elegance and simplicity of the Stick 'n Rink C. My only beef with the original is that it does look too plain when blue and white are inverted. Like the uninverted Islanders and Sabres crests, the current one stands out more with the blue rink/white stick and inner border and the green doesn't bleed into the blue.

My version of the S'n R would be to use the '70-'72 version, keep the rink blue w/white stick but use the same silver, green and white 'C' bordering from the updated version.

I agree and I think this is why we need Johnny Canuck as our logo because our team is called... Wait for it ........... THE CANUCKS!!!!!!!!! When will management understand that. We don't need some stupid orca that means nothing. I do think we should keep the stick and rink as alternates however

I agree 110%. Very well put.

i know it's never gonna happen since most of the fans despise it, but what i wouldn't give to see the original orca jersey again with some slight modification

ohlund.0.jpeg

The four things I liked from the "Orca Bay" jerseys were the striping, dark blue, the recoloured original S 'n R and the traditional block-style font.

Here's another idea:

1. Have Johnny Canuck as the primary.

2. Replace the maroon with kelly green.

3. Make the dark blue a lighter navy.

4. Add silver/green/silver striping to the pants.

Very well stated & totally agree with your views!

I absolutely hate everything & anything to do with the orca logo.

It's totally wrong & absurd to have a Canucks logo, whose main element involves a whale that has nothing to do with the team nickname.

For the sake of the Canucks nickname, brand & identity...

... it's time to retire the orca logo.

Keep the blue, green & white colours because they look great & represents the Pacific Northwest.

I'm all for the original first SIR jerseys with the V through the stripes on the sleeves.

And if the Canucks want to have shoulder patches, Skating JC would be great.

We need to keep our logo and colours. This is our identity, changing it every decade is stupid. Just make modifications to the Orca or remove the city from the jersey.

Agreed, most people feel this way as well... too bad its the old whiners that are the loudest on the topic.

I would like to see the jersey without the vancouver on it. I am game for a new 3rd jersey though. maybe a darker one? maybe even black?

Agreed, most people feel this way as well... too bad its the old whiners that are the loudest on the topic.

I would like to see the jersey without the vancouver on it. I am game for a new 3rd jersey though. maybe a darker one? maybe even black?

If it weren't for us 'old whiners', there would be no Canucks team for you kids to root for.

Agreed.

2nd - stick in rink

3rd - flying skate with original colours

Supports all generations of the team.

Big no to any others, including the dreadful Millionaires (quit clinging to the non-Canuck SC) one.

Archived