The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you still want Matthias back now that's its all said and done?

billabong

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before the playoffs everyone seemed to love to see him back because of his play in the regular season but now it seems fans don't want him back. He didn't have a good playoffs and I can't recall a big hit from him.

Sedin-sedin-kassian

Baerschi-horvat-vrbata

Burrows-bonino-Hansen

Higgins-vey-dorsett

Kenins

Without including the prospects, that's a full line up. it would be easy just let him walk but if the Canucks move a body or two then it might open up a roster spot and some cap space.

Matthias could command upwards of 4m per year on the open market, I would look to pouliot in Edmonton as a comparison and he got 16m over 4years.

Why does everyone put Sedin-Sedin-Kassian as our 1st line? Dont you want to win?

1st off, Im certain JB moves Kassian this summer. 2nd, if he cant find any buyers (like he couldnt find any at the trade deadline) I doubt he will be 1st line. If he is, we are in trouble.

If we want to win he will be 1st line. The way the Sedins sued with Kassian was the most playoff like and urgent I have ever seen them play. All 3 cycled but more importantly attacked the net.

Your constant whining that he couldn't find a buyer is more like no one would pay the high price he wanted to trade him. Given how this team looked in the playoffs Kassian is even more important going forward.

Let Matthias walk. Desjardins sealed it anyway by never giving him pp time even when he was playing great. He will go to a team where he will get a better opportunity.

I didn't want him when he was scoring and everyone thought "omg goalz cool1!!"

He's a 6'4 Raymond who's $&!# against WC teams. Size is not everything if you can't use it. (No, I'm not referring to penises)

He's awful, he can only succeed in the eastern conference.

Good riddance, go get another team to overpay.

Guest Dasein

The writing's been on the wall ever since we doled out those $$$ for Dorsett and Sbisa

At the end of the day, I think it is down to Higgins vs Matthias, and Higgy just gives so much more of an effort (even though I despise his inability to score goals)

Baertschi will take over Matthias's top 9 spot

No.

He's going to want way too much money. Add that to the fact that he did pretty much nothing after the deadline and during the playoffs.

Archived