The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015-16 Canucks Roster

hkang23

Not going to guess the actual lineup, but would like to see Matthias signed (for the right price) and put EXCLUSIVELY as a center. Also, a big fat NO to trading Hansen. He works crazy hard and seems to be the right type of player to compliment some of our higher end prospects when they first make the lineup. I would try my damndest to move Higgins, Burrows, and Bieksa. I also wouldn't be opposed to moving Vrbata, Hammer, or Miller, assuming we could fetch something on the free agent market to replace them for cheaper.

Oh, and ABSOLUETELY try and go after either Green or Franson.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Hansen

Kenins - Gaunce - Dorsett

I seriously wonder at what point WD HAS to put Horvat at 2C. And giving him more minutes as a bottom sixer is not the same.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Hansen

Kenins - Gaunce - Dorsett

I seriously wonder at what point WD HAS to put Horvat at 2C. And giving him more minutes as a bottom sixer is not the same.

My prediction: It'll happen next season. not at the start but maybe during sometime mid season. Let's not rush the kid. WD will see how he does in his second season and he's going to make him earn that 2C spot.

Miller is gone for sure. No point keeping another goalie tandem. Lack is ready.

Miller to SJ. We will see who for

And I think Shinkaruk makes the team 100% next season. He always looks the most ready in pre season. Who cares about his size and strength, it will come. Look at Calgary with geaudreau and Bennett... skill beats lack of size

I don't think the Canucks should sign anybody on FA (apart from super youngins), just develop from within since we have the bodies now.

What I expect to see come the fall (and considering Willie's coaching style of loving vets):

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Kassian/Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows

Kenins-Vey/Gaunce-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Corrado/Clendening/Weber

Sbisa-Bieksa

Miller

Lack

Sadly it seems most likely that Matthias and Richardson are going to go. Markstrom too unless he wins the cup then I think Benning would consider him a lot more. I don't think Benning's going to find enough value for a trade involving Bieksa.

Mid-Season: if the kids perform well I could see Horvat and Baer on the second line. If Bonino continues to stay invisible I could see a trade at the deadline.

Seems pretty to the plan, but what I would want to see is Miller shipped out so we can keep Markstrom. I'd rather have the two younger goalies trying to outplay eachother if it means we could add a good prospect/pick for either this draft or the next. If we get O'Connor it gives him the starter role in Utica too.

With no trades or anything:

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Kennins - Bonino - Burrows

Dorsett - Gaunce - Hansen

Higgins - Richardson - Vey

McMillan - Matthias - Jensen/Shinkarauk

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Corrado

Sbisa - Clendenning

Stanton - Bieksa

Weber

Miller

Lack

Markstrom

Where is Virtanen, McCann. Kassian will never play on the first line. Vey - who is he? IMVHO, Vey, Higgins, Stanton, Matthias, McMillan, Kassian, Markstrom, Guance and Jensen are tradeable. Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Weber will stay.

I'm predicting the starting line ups will look as follows:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Virtanen Horvat Kassian

Baertschi bones Burrows

Dorsett Richardson hansen

Vey

The interesting thing is that all four right wingers have had experience paying with the sedins, and offer something different, with Verbie's shot, Kassian's big body, Burrows' chemistry, and Hansen's speed. Could be interesting to mix it up based on who they're playing, game progression, etc.

Bones, Baertschi, and burrows gives a nice balance of defence and offense with bones and burrows being very defensively responsible and baertschi's speed and play making. Bones also has an underrated shot,and Burrows is clutch. Maybe you can switch up Baertschi with Virtanen for additional grit.

Virtanen Horvat and Kassian can be a big brutal line. So much potential.

I think they resign Richardson. If Cassels, McCann, or Gaunce aren't ready for 4C, we're stuck with Vey. And if they are, then Richardson can be 13th forward or be traded.

Love Higgins, but I'm guessing he's going to be traded to recapture picks. Maybe a late 2nd or a couple of 3rds.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to chemistry and whether Virtanen is ready. If he's not, you still have Grenier and Gaunce competing. Gaunce May not be ready for 4C but I see him being a presence in camp for 4lw. And there's Shinkaruk, who could be a breathe of fresh air, thigh I imagine he'll be top line in Utica with first call up in top 6.

It's an exciting prospect to imagine all the variables when it comes to line combinations.

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Corrado

Sbisa Clendening

Weber

Shutdown pair in Edler and Tanev.

Honestly, Corrado and Clendening are interchangeable. Hammer could mentor either of them, though Corrado's game is probably more complimentary to how Sbisa plays.

I predict Bieksa is traded for cap reasons, possibly for a 3rd +, though I can also see a trade similar to the Gunnerson/Polak last year.

Miller

Markstrom

As much as I love Lack, i get the feeling he's getting traded. Barring an unexpected turn if events, Miller will be staying. Cap hit, no trade, and low market for old veteran goaltenders will be a huge obstacle. Markstrom is the best goalie to not excel in the nhl. His value is pretty low unless he wins the Calder cup. Lack has the highest value. Young, cheap, and ready to be a starter. Maybe we steal another team's lunch money in a trade, like how NJ did with Schneider. Thank god we got Bo.

Anyways, just my thoughts. What do you think?

Where is Virtanen, McCann. Kassian will never play on the first line. Vey - who is he? IMVHO, Vey, Higgins, Stanton, Matthias, McMillan, Kassian, Markstrom, Guance and Jensen are tradeable. Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Weber will stay.

Kassian played on the 1st line this year and did pretty good in his stint, not sure what games you watched tho.

Kassian played on the 1st line this year and did pretty good in his stint, not sure what games you watched tho.

Probably did not make myself clear in my post. I meant to say Kassian will never play a lot of games on the first line. They signed Vrabata to play with the Sedins and Burrows does have chemistry with them as well.

I dont see Zack as a first liner if he stays with the Canucks. I see him a 3rd or 4th liner banging and crashing. He has decent hands so will also chip in with secondary scoring if he stays. I often wonder what type of relationship Zack has with Desjardins. If his relationship with his coach is rocky, Zack just might be traded in a package at the draft for a first round pick. Just my opinion though.

@therodigy

Good post. I personally like how Kassian compliments the Sedins game better than Vrbata. If he can play on a consistent basis I think he's the best option there. I agree with you, to have them more interchangeable situationally. The Sedins will play with whomever, as they've shown their entire career, and balancing the lines at the outset creates that 4 line approach our coach so valiantly wants.

I see you left Matthias off your projection completely. Agreed. I think we let him walk unless he's willing to take 2.5 at the maximum. I think he brings more to the table offensively than Higgins, and I'd hate to see him walk for nothing. Higgins might catch a decent price for being a solid defensive forward. We have depth players I would rather see play than him.

EDIT: clicked submit by accident...

I see you also left Kenins out as well, and I believe that's the better option both over Matthias and Higgins. He's tenacious and has decent hands. A younger Hansen IMO, and I'd like to see us trade Hansen for a late 2nd early 3rd. I love this guy, and if we sign Matthias and move Higgins, I'd prefer this action be taken.

Agreed with you on defence all around.

Also good thoughts on our goalie situation. My only concern is Millers knee, at his age.. It could end up being troublesome. I'd like to ease Markstrom in, similarily to how Lack was played in the first half of the season. So there's that. But I agree that Lack has the most potential for the best return.

Archived