The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Losing Burrows cost Canucks the series

snucks

Losing Burrows probably cost Canucks the series. This guy was the heart of the Canucks. It is a shame a linesman holding Burrows in a bearhug from behind fell on top of him driving his ribs into the ice. I saw that in the replay and now it is confirmed. This was a blow to the Canucks. Can you imagine if Johnny Hockey had been the player whose ribs the linesman fractured from falling on him. Canucks may have had a chance but with their heart gone they couldn't hold on.

Burrows was a "heart and soul" player (I hate that term) 4 years ago. Since then he's lost a step and his game is steadily declining. Still an effective player but nowhere near the player he once was. He wasn't the determining factor why they lost the series.

Whatever. The Ducks were going to kick our ass anyway. They're sitting there relaxed, healthy, while the Flames were beating the crap out of us with hits.

Disagree. From the games I saw this year, we matched up better vs Anaheim than Calgary.

Burrows would have been a difference maker but not as much of Giordano would have been. So can't use that as an excuse.

Losing Burrows probably cost Canucks the series. This guy was the heart of the Canucks. It is a shame a linesman holding Burrows in a bearhug from behind fell on top of him driving his ribs into the ice. I saw that in the replay and now it is confirmed. This was a blow to the Canucks. Can you imagine if Johnny Hockey had been the player whose ribs the linesman fractured from falling on him. Canucks may have had a chance but with their heart gone they couldn't hold on.

Hardly.

The Sedins cycle resulting in great Corsi numbers but limited finish...lack of secondary scoring...the inability of the Canucks d-men to cope with the Flames forecheck...turnovers in our zone at critical parts of the game...Willie being outcoached...Vrbata playing like a deer in the headlights...are just a few of the reasons why the Canucks lost the series.

Burrows is important to the team, but not nearly as important as you make him out to be, there snucks.

Maybe but using Miller instead of Lack played a big part as well

Burrows was a "heart and soul" player (I hate that term) 4 years ago. Since then he's lost a step and his game is steadily declining. Still an effective player but nowhere near the player he once was. He wasn't the determining factor why they lost the series.

Seriously? Did you not watch what he did right before his ribs were injured?

The Flames wanted to play and Burrows showed them he was all business.

Burrows is everything a hockey player should be, and I hope he finishes his career here as an example to all the players who come after him.

Maybe but using Miller instead of Lack played a big part as well

I agree with both of you,

Burrows and Lack are two of our most passionate players, they want the cup, not the 2 weeks in vegas after they are eliminated.

Burrows is on the "all time" Canuck list, ring of Honor at least, and maybe even more,

Lack is "Our guy" the true successor to Kirk McLean, unlike all who have gone before him he isn't just keeping the crease warm for the next guy or wishing he was playing elsewhere, Eddie Lack isn't just playing for the Canucks, he IS a Canuck, get used to it.

Archived