The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Joseph LaBate

Ossi Vaananen

OK? what about Subban and Griener! Why does Benning keep signing us grinders, seriously, because I don't see Joseph Labate ever being a top 6 in the NHL.

Did you miss the interview where Benning said he was going to try and sign Subban in the summer? I feel like this has been beaten to death already.

OK? what about Subban and Griener! Why does Benning keep signing us grinders, seriously, because I don't see Joseph Labate ever being a top 6 in the NHL.

Joseph Labate is going to be a bottom six kind of guy. Most likely a fourth line player (if even that).

It's like you want to sleep with Subban. Relax.

You do realize Subban has the most potential out of all our D-men right now. So losing Subban will be a huge loss for our defence because Subban can be easily a Krug. You can crack your witty jokes all you like but not signing Subban will be a huge loss for this franchise going forward. He is a special and unique talent.

You do realize Subban has the most potential out of all our D-men right now. So losing Subban will be a huge loss for our defence because Subban can be easily a Krug. You can crack your witty jokes all you like but not signing Subban will be a huge loss for this franchise going forward. He is a special and unique talent.

It's like this guy doesn't realize we have 2 months until the draft...

just stop

the team has people employed to make these decisions not fans from a message board so stop acting like you somehow know more about players than the people working in the NHL

Offensively yes. Overall nope. Not yet at least.

In the games I saw with LaBate in a comets jersey he impressed. He's a C which Utica lacks right now. He seems to bring a solid two way game, he's an excellent skater that can be relied upon. 6'4" isn't too shabby either.

He'll get a chance to develop with the Comets now. I don't see him spending any time in the ECHL.

In the games I saw with LaBate in a comets jersey he impressed. He's a C which Utica lacks right now. He seems to bring a solid two way game, he's an excellent skater that can be relied upon. 6'4" isn't too shabby either.

He'll get a chance to develop with the Comets now. I don't see him spending any time in the ECHL.

Does he use his size, unlike Matthias?

Archived