The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In Calgary, im going to blow an airhorn everytime ducks score and im going to hope for kesler. Who's with me?

TheAntar

100% agree with you! if Canucks fans ever listened to fan 960 (flames version of tsn1040) they would never cheer for the flames. A few years ago I remember driving to work and on the calgary music radio station they were talking about how they hope canucks lose to the sharks. When canucks got swept by the sharks it got so bad that I turned off the radio and drove to work with silence. Fans should never cheer for the flames as they were all against us in 2011!!

I was listening to 960 this morning they sounded dejected.

That's playoff hockey, where the Ducks were Jacked up by the Flames win over the Canucks. They watched the video they new what they were in for. They put on a clinic on how to expose the weakness of this small young team. Ducks top players were indeed their top players and had no problem man handling this team of boys!

Hartley was right - what was the point of even going to Anaheim.

The Flames "top line" was completely owned on the road again, as they were in the first series.

Monahan and Gaudreau combined for 17 ozone starts, 2 dzone, and a -22 corsi. These kids just can't compete in unsheltered situations.

Hiller absolutely crapt the bed.

They need two things to compete in this series imo - HIller to outplay Anderson, and no additional injuries.

Kesler is a mopey, me-first, ego-case with a chip on his shoulder. He looked like he might be growing up a few years ago, but then regressed back to his old trajectory. Until he does, I certainly won't be waving any RK pompoms.

That's playoff hockey, where the Ducks were Jacked up by the Flames win over the Canucks. They watched the video they new what they were in for. They put on a clinic on how to expose the weakness of this small young team. Ducks top players were indeed their top players and had no problem man handling this team of boys!

Yep, Ducks had the benefit of a week off and plenty of time to watch video of the Calgary/Van series. They're ready for Calgary. Canucks were not prepared for the impact Ferland would have in their series. And they failed to neutralize him. Anaheim has already injured him and has targetted Gaudreau enough that Hartley had to sit him in the third period. And as I said earlier, Calgary's top 3 dmen are probably burnt out from playing half of every game vs Canucks.

Another thing Anaheim has done is take advantage of Hiller's big rebounds with their physical presence around the net, something Van failed to do. Preparation is the key and I don't think Vancouver was adequately prepared for Calgary.

As much as I am disappointed that the Flames beat the Canucks, and that I would rather that Ducks beat them 4-0, I would never, in their barn, slam them. That's disrespectful and gives them another reason to hate Canucks fans.

Happy that the Ducks trashed the Flames but it has to make you wonder how mediocre our defense core is that Anaheim is handling Calgary so very easily. Vancouver simply has next to no physicality when it comes to pressure situations and unfortunately that element is extremely key in any playoff series.

The Ducks are showing the West exactly how to handle guys like Ferland when the Canucks had no answer for him and....makes me shake my head.

In fairness, it's been one game and the Flames came out tentative wherein the Ducks were chomping at the bit to get back at it after a rest.

I expect the Ducks to take them down fairly easily....but each series will have it's own story. Let's see if Ferland (returns) to be completely ignored by officials in his quest to charge through this thing. Ducks tuned him in fairly quickly but Bieksa also let him know "no".

I don't assess one team's worth by another's success/failures....we managed to beat the Ducks during the season, so factor that in too? Each game/series is a new one.

The Ducks get away with a little more than we do too...that matters. And physicality is needed when THEY have the puck...our mission was to be in control/possession of it. When we get sucked into the physical game it tends to take us off "our" game. But I don't disagree in that I wish we would have punished them a bit more. Let them feel the win, not just take it.

Of the Western Conference teams, I would always cheer for the Canucks and Ducks, I may dislike Kesler, but I think the Canucks would have never won a cup with our "fair play" antics, so I don't blame him for moving to Anaheim.

The Flames beat us because we're too nice. There's no other way to put it. Being nice to the other players, not being physical for fear of hurting them, picking up their sticks for them, we basically came out like lambs and they knew we never fight back. Fine blame the refs for that, whatever.

People thinking that the Flames getting rounded out by the Ducks reflects badly on the Canucks need to understand that we're not the team who's lost 20 times to them. If we played the Ducks it would be a different game completely.

The Ducks did what the Canucks wouldn't do in 6 games. Take out Ferland, Gaudreau and Hudler. You see anyone on the Flames acting yappy now?

It's actually fun watching twitter and the Calgary puck forums as Flames fans blame everyone, Ducks for playing rough and targeting their players (pot, meet kettle), the referees (lol - how does it feel when the refs dont like you now), Anaheim fans (for chanting "Hiller" - how crass of them) and even the Canucks for pushing their players too hard.

Oh and the icing on the cake is Flames fans feeling bad that Ferklund has a concussion. After he charged into Vatanen's elbow. After they kept cheering as he took a run at pretty much everyone without consequence. Bieksa was right, after one game, he's pretty much irrelevant.

As much as I am disappointed that the Flames beat the Canucks, and that I would rather that Ducks beat them 4-0, I would never, in their barn, slam them. That's disrespectful and gives them another reason to hate Canucks fans.

You think that Canuck fans are the only ones slamming their former opponents?? (sorry to break it to you but they are 1000 times worse).

You think that Canuck fans are the only ones slamming their former opponents?? (sorry to break it to you but they are 1000 times worse).

I never said that - but showing some humility would be a welcomed change.

Also, I never said to not slam them - I said I wouldn't do that in their barn.

Happy that the Ducks trashed the Flames but it has to make you wonder how mediocre our defense core is that Anaheim is handling Calgary so very easily. Vancouver simply has next to no physicality when it comes to pressure situations and unfortunately that element is extremely key in any playoff series.

The Ducks are showing the West exactly how to handle guys like Ferland when the Canucks had no answer for him and....makes me shake my head.

Kassian was out, but even if he was playing, if we did that especially in Cow Town, there would not have a big enough penalty box to place our team in. The Phlegms are NOT a great team, they were handed the games on a silver platter by the zebra's.

We started to hit back, but we got immediate penalties, yet that Freaklund had free reign.

However they are finding out they can't play like that in Cali without getting penalties LOL! Satisfaction for me, but I wish those refs were at Cow Town, we would have won the series. Thugs does not equal talent and thats what the Phlegms are finding out along with their weasel coach.

Can hardly wait for the next game!!

Kassian was out, but even if he was playing, if we did that especially in Cow Town, there would not have a big enough penalty box to place our team in. The Phlegms are NOT a great team, they were handed the games on a silver platter by the zebra's.

We started to hit back, but we got immediate penalties, yet that Freaklund had free reign.

However they are finding out they can't play like that in Cali without getting penalties LOL! Satisfaction for me, but I wish those refs were at Cow Town, we would have won the series. Thugs does not equal talent and thats what the Phlegms are finding out along with their weasel coach.

Can hardly wait for the next game!!

The real problem is that he who hits first does so with impunity. He who retaliates gets two minutes.

Maybe the Canucks should initiate the rough stuff and let the other team take the retaliation penalties.

It ain't rocket science.

Archived