The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rest In Peace: Soul singer Ben E. King has passed away at 76

Heretic

RIP to a great R&B legend.

Soul singer Ben E. King, best known for his hit ‘Stand by Me,’ has passed away. He was 76 years old.The North Carolina-born R&B legend died Thursday of natural causes, his agent told the Telegraph. King rose to fame in the 1950s as a member of the Drifters.

He later began his solo career and quickly rose to the top with the 1961 hit "Stand By Me." It became a top-10 hit again in 1986, when it was used in the film of the same name.

http://www.wbls.com/news/news/rest-peace-soul-singer-ben-e-king-has-passed-away-76

Can anyone name any of the other songs he performed (without googling)? He had a lot of great songs, I really like Spanish Harlem.

Supernatural Feeling in 1975 was has last huge hit until the popularity of Stand By Me in late 86 early 87.He also had a few R&B hits in 1978 and 1981 called Spoiled and Street Tough. King also a part of the new Drifters from 1958 until 1963........... sorry it was Supernatural Thing not feeling.

Supernatural Feeling in 1975 was has last huge hit until the popularity of Stand By Me in late 86 early 87.He also had a few R&B hits in 1981 called Spoiled and Street Tough. King also a part of the new Drifters from 1958 until 1963.

Supernatural Feeling Part 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived