The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if...

numb3r 16

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we had played Tampa the Canucks would have swept, the city wouldn't have been rioted in, Kesler would have been content to stay a Canuck, Horvat would be stuck as third line center with no chance of increasing ice time, his dad would have made enough fuss that Benning would be forced to trade him to Buffalo, and Horvats career would be spinning down the toilet. Why would you wish that on Horvat?!

Maybe with it being a different series it could have played out differently, but the riots had nothing to do with losing. People were down there were balaclavas and Molotov cocktails, riots were going to happen regardless of the game's outcome. It was just some jack*sses looking for trouble and some drunks followed along. I hate hearing people harp on Vancouverites by saying we rioted simply because our team lost game 7. It gives us all a bad rep internationally (the riots hugely tarnished the city's reputation) all because of a few bad seeds who really didn't care for the team. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I should also note, I really hope there weren't any members of CDC participating in the riots and looting. We're better than that guys.

how about putting the subject matter of your thread in your title as opposed to a "what if"

allow people to know the 'substance' of the thread without having to waste their time if they're not actually interested in this particular hypothetical question.

We would have both Horvat and the cup. :)

Well, as long as were playing this game, maybe not.

Maybe having his name on a Cup convinces NHL GMs that Roberto Luongo is worth trading for. Maybe we get Nick Bjugstad out of Florida for Lou.

Maybe Corey is still our #1 and we've sinced moved Ediie for help in other areas.

We probably still have Coho though and he's probably still whining about playing behind Hank and Kes.

how about putting the subject matter of your thread in your title as opposed to a "what if"

allow people to know the 'substance' of the thread without having to waste their time if they're not actually interested in this particular hypothetical question.

Come on man. You know any thread titled what if even with details has no substance.

When this team finally wins a Stanley cup we can take solace in the fact that for us fans the years of heartbreak and losing will make it even sweeter and something we will cherish our entire lives.

We have suffered a lot. We have been close a few times only to end in heartbreak. It makes us a bit more jaded and bitter now perhaps but eventually we will be able to say it was all worth it.

Let's keep our chins up and rather than question what if we should be saying when it happens.

I am not always positive about the team or the direction but I am still a fan who believes that one day my team will bring home a cup for us.

When this team finally wins a Stanley cup we can take solace in the fact that for us fans the years of heartbreak and losing will make it even sweeter and something we will cherish our entire lives.

We have suffered a lot. We have been close a few times only to end in heartbreak. It makes us a bit more jaded and bitter now perhaps but eventually we will be able to say it was all worth it.

Let's keep our chins up and rather than question what if we should be saying when it happens.

I am not always positive about the team or the direction but I am still a fan who believes that one day my team will bring home a cup for us.

I'm no longer confident that it will happen in my lifetime.

But hey, the 'Nucks have taken me on some sweet rides over the years. I can deal...

The real question is would you have taken a cup win if it was followed by 10 years of darkness like Edmonton? I'm happy what happened, happened. We got linden, Benning, Horvat and for once someone who actually knows what they are doing as a GM. It's a nice feeling. A cup would of been sweet but can't go back In time.

The real question is would you have taken a cup win if it was followed by 10 years of darkness like Edmonton?

The real question is would Vancouver still have a hockey team if it was followed by 10 years of darkeness?

Archived