The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Utica Comets round two

sleepy_nite

I'm guessing only local Utica or upstate NY channels will have them. There's AHL online. Other than that, I don't think there's much else.

AHL Online is the NHL Gamecenter for the AHL. I'm not gonna pay to watch AHL games.

Well can you hint out were the illegal streams might be because I can't find even those.

for you? no.

honestly if they are going to be anywhere it's going to be the usual suspects that will carry them. but they are going to be few and far between.

Well can you hint out were the illegal streams might be because I can't find even those.

9. You will not discuss illegal activities.

Discussion of criminal activities, warez, software and media piracy, and illegal broadcast of games will not be permitted. No links to sites containing illegal material will be tolerated.

straight from the board rules...

9. You will not discuss illegal activities.

Discussion of criminal activities, warez, software and media piracy, and illegal broadcast of games will not be permitted. No links to sites containing illegal material will be tolerated.

straight from the board rules...

Not discussing just asking for a hint. Nvm he didn't even give me one. moving on

Does anyone know if Oilers site is going to hold the games? I remember someone said that might be?

[Official] 2014-15 Utica Comets Thread.

Only the way that's been mentioned any number of times: AHL Live. That's the only legal streaming service available for AHL games apart from any that are broadcast on TV available in your area (as Sportsnet sometimes does and as some local TV channels might do out East).

EDIT: here's the link, found under 'Watch Live' on UticaComets.com: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

They have different packages available for the playoffs, from a $250 all playoffs pass to a $45 team pass to a game by game $10 charge.

No TV broadcast as far as we know yet, although we were hoping to play the Marlies in case Sportsnet would have picked up some games.

Does anyone know if Oilers site is going to hold the games? I remember someone said that might be?

From the same thread I linked above:

No links to say if that's actually streaming or just coverage of all that's happening (e.g. in game updates, pre and post game interviews, etc.). I'd think they'd be blocked from streaming it since they would have to purchase AHL rights to do so.

EDIT: after some searching, I found this:

Wescott is a writer for the Oilers, but that mentions nothing about streaming.

Unless they purchased the rights, they'll just have comprehensive media coverage from the sounds of it.

then you're not going to watch them. cause that's the only way outside of illegal streams

You said that TSN 1040 will broadcast the games? I'll listen to that then.

While it's hard to believe anything an Oilers fan says, I was told by one a couple days ago that the games would be streamed for free on the Oilers website. Legally. I don't know if there will be blackouts based on IP address (out of province) but I live an hour away from Edmonton so I guess I'll just have to find out for myself.

You said that TSN 1040 will broadcast the games? I'll listen to that then.

They should still be running the audio.

While it's hard to believe anything an Oilers fan says, I was told by one a couple days ago that the games would be streamed for free on the Oilers website. Legally. I don't know if there will be blackouts based on IP address (out of province) but I live an hour away from Edmonton so I guess I'll just have to find out for myself.

See my post above.

Archived