The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are the Canucks' biggest rivals?

thejazz97

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right now, the Kesler trade makes Anaheim our biggest rival. Especially if they win the Cup. I guess kesler may have known who was scheduled to win this season, explaining why he only included the Ducks in his trade demand.

Where's the Islander option??? Blanked us in our first cup finals! I've never forgiven them for that and have put the mightiest of curses on that team that culminated in people like Milbury, Wang and Snow at the helms for extended and unfortunate yet deserving periods of time. Down with the Islanders! Return our cup!

Currently, with our state of "in limbo" competitively, I would say that we do not possess any true rivals.

If Calgary continue their path of hard hockey, and we continue to meet them in the playoffs, they will become our biggest rival over the next several seasons.

In no way would I say that any team from the east is a rival. We simply do not encounter them enough to warrant such a statement.

LA or calgary. Lots of history between the canucks and both of those franchises.

LA - dustin brown, jordan nolan, drew doughty ---> the "moral victory", kings twitter account "you are welcome canada". Most recently --> Bill Simmons hatred of canucks fans and the sedins, and the last kings game was very intense almost like a playoff atmosphere in a regular season game.

Calgary - Ferland and Hartley, torts fight! flames fans in general

BUT!

my vote for biggest rival is:

Bieksa and Sbisa pizza vs the fans/media/everyone

There is no team that marks the date that we come to play on the calander any more.

We may personally consider some teams rivals but I doubt we are thought of in kind right now. That'll change in the future but it's the state we are currently in

(every team goes through it)

No one really. A rivalry vs Calgary is brewing though and if Edmonton ever decides to ice an NHL calibre team things could get interesting in the coming years. A lot of good prospects in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. I'd love to see Cassels give Mcdavid fits over the next decade.

The refs absolutely managed games, period!

I hate for any Canadian team to lose, however justice has been served the Phlegms lost, Johnny looked like he was going to burst in tears. They built them up with the help of the refs only to lose. They are a dirty team with help from the refs. Look at the shoddy cheap hit on Perry, it was a calculated hit. Hockey God paid them back.

Can hardly wait for the Fall when the Canucks are back!

Archived