The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seahawks fan looking for donations to help team re-sign Russell Wilson

lmfao :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12874237/seattle-seahawks-fan-looks-gather-donations-help-team-re-sign-russell-wilson

A Seattle Seahawks fan has started a page at gofundme.com for donations to help with quarterback Russell Wilson's contract situation.

Calling Wilson "the best thing to happen" to Seattle since former Mariners slugger Ken Griffey Jr., the gofundme page asks fans to donate money to help the Seahawks pay Wilson "IF and only IF" the quarterback re-signs.

"Let's give Wilson the money to ensure that he stays where he is loved," the page reads. "The more salary cap we can free up, the more the Seahawks can go after more talent and we can get back to the Superbowl!"

Wilson, starting his fourth NFL season, is in the final year of his rookie contract, which will pay him $1.5 million this season if a new contact agreement is not worked out. He is believed to be seeking a multiyear deal worth over $100 million.

The fund is a nice gesture, but will have no bearing on Wilson's contract or the team's salary cap. As of 4:40 p.m. ET, a total of $35 had been pledged by four people.

Wilson is coming off a second straight Super Bowl appearance and helped lead the franchise to its only title in Super Bowl XLVIII.

"Let's give Wilson the money to ensure that he stays where he is loved," the page reads. "The more salary cap we can free up, the more the Seahawks can go after more talent and we can get back to the Superbowl!"

I don't think he understands how it works

Actually, it can work if the money raised is used as a signing bonus.

Doesn't matter it's not like Seattle's short on cash lol. It doesn't free up salary.

They could pay him 200 million if they wanted easy. It's a matter of Seattle not wanting to overpay him.

Doesn't matter it's not like Seattle's short on cash lol. It doesn't free up salary.

They could pay him 200 million if they wanted easy. It's a matter of Seattle not wanting to overpay him.

I think the idea is... Lets say the go fund me raised 5 mill...(just for arguments sake), that would be 5 mil less that RW could sign for, and thus have 5 mil more cap space... and then just give him the cash from the account...

I think the idea is... Lets say the go fund me raised 5 mill...(just for arguments sake), that would be 5 mil less that RW could sign for, and thus have 5 mil more cap space... and then just give him the cash from the account...

Huh. That sounds like it would be against NFL Policies hard core lol.

Do fans know the salary cap doesn't work that way?

Help Tre Mac buy a house.

This is a crowd funded campaign to help Tre Mac purchase a house in his native White Rock. His current assets are listed at $75k but needs $599k more. Donate today! The first 100 donations will receive a autographed memoir titled 'How I begged and mooched to home ownership - the Tre Mac story'

Archived