The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to be popular/not a loner¿?

Comets4CalderCup

Hey guys, so I'm in grade 8 and in Surrey that's high school, anyway so I have lots of "good" friends and I'm nice to everyone, but like they aren't the type I would hang out with at lunch and stuff. At lunch I usually just walk around like a loner and I don't just wanna go up and talk to someone because they are usually with a group of other people and I'm just really shy and don't wanna get embarrassed, like if I go up to someone and start walking along with them I get scared they might say like, "Why are you hanging with us" or something like that. In class I'm totally fine idk why, but I just am. Anyway do you guys have any tips to not being socially awkward or something, or do u guys know stuff to do at lunch so I don't seem like a loner? Ty

Hey guys, so I'm in grade 8 and in Surrey that's high school, anyway so I have lots of "good" friends and I'm nice to everyone, but like they aren't the type I would hang out with at lunch and stuff. At lunch I usually just walk around like a loner and I don't just wanna go up and talk to someone because they are usually with a group of other people and I'm just really shy and don't wanna get embarrassed, like if I go up to someone and start walking along with them I get scared they might say like, "Why are you hanging with us" or something like that. In class I'm totally fine idk why, but I just am. Anyway do you guys have any tips to not being socially awkward or something, or do u guys know stuff to do at lunch so I don't seem like a loner? Ty

OP, I understand you're new to CDC, but just a heads up: don't take anything on here too seriously.

Do you really wanna know what high schools all about?

You put your right hand in
You put your right hand out
You put your right hand in
And you shake it all about

You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

Archived