The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to be popular/not a loner¿?

Comets4CalderCup

Hey guys, so I'm in grade 8 and in Surrey that's high school, anyway so I have lots of "good" friends and I'm nice to everyone, but like they aren't the type I would hang out with at lunch and stuff. At lunch I usually just walk around like a loner and I don't just wanna go up and talk to someone because they are usually with a group of other people and I'm just really shy and don't wanna get embarrassed, like if I go up to someone and start walking along with them I get scared they might say like, "Why are you hanging with us" or something like that. In class I'm totally fine idk why, but I just am. Anyway do you guys have any tips to not being socially awkward or something, or do u guys know stuff to do at lunch so I don't seem like a loner? Ty

Stop being a vagina and just hang out with them

Highschool is such a tiny part of your life that honestly you should just concentrate on doing well and worry about life afterwards. Once you start making real money all the 'cool' stuff just falls into place anyways (along with women).

Don't make the mistake of sacrificing long term goals for short term gains. Seen this happen with lots of old friends from back in the day.

Highschool is such a tiny part of your life that honestly you should just concentrate on doing well and worry about life afterwards. Once you start making real money all the 'cool' stuff just falls into place anyways (along with women).

Don't make the mistake of sacrificing long term goals for short term gains. Seen this happen with lots of old friends from back in the day.

I disagree. Learning how to make friends and building your social circles should start at around the OP's age if not earlier. Lots of social scientists will argue that this is more important than actual grades, relatively speaking. I know dumb kids in high school who are in far higher social and economic standings than I am now cuz they have more and tighter friends.

Be good at sports, or music, or drama. Join a club of something you like. Go from there.

Eh I think theres a balance in there. High school was some of the best times of my life, easily. There is a lot of things you can really only do in high school or college and then you have to be a real human being.

You need to do two things:

1. Find friends. Find people that really suit your style. And always make room for the person sitting alone in the corner.

2. Find your thing. Whether it's telling puns or doing dares, find something and make that your dominant feature about yourself.

Also, a few wise people told me to never date in high school, but it's up to you.

HA! you want some real serious life advice... get a hair cut and get a real job :P something something something look like a slob... whateves... it's true though, the only regrets in life I have are the things I DIDN"T do...

- Ashley from Biology class

- The redhead from the mall

- My friends sister at the pool party

- Every girl who swiped right on me on Tinder

- My 7th grade teacher Miss Sandy who always leaned over my desk showing me extra cleavage

- That post op tranny at the doctors office

#Ragrets :)

worlds worst advice

I added something...

You need to do two things:

1. Find friends. Find people that really suit your style. And always make room for the person sitting alone in the corner.

2. Find your thing. Whether it's telling puns or doing dares, find something and make that your dominant feature about yourself.

Also, a few wise people told me to never date in high school, but it's up to you.

BOH's 5 keys to getting noticed, in order:

Smile a lot.

Walk with your chin up, shoulders back, it shows confidence, people feed off confidence.

When somebody talks to you, look them in the eye and speak loud enough for them to hear. Nobody likes a mumbler.

Being a smartass is not a form of comedy.

Form a social life with classmates oustide of school.

Archived