Canucks Community

Proposal Van - Capitals

Vancouver sends

- Dan Hamuis

- Radim Vrbata

Washington

2016 2nd round

- Madison Bowey

Why Capitals do this? Well they get a chance at the cup again next year with a guy like Hamuis who plays a decent defensive game and they get a decent sniper.

Why we do this? Well we get a solid player with Madison Bowey, and a decent 2nd rounder to continue our retool.

They only have 1 year left. It's fair because we get a future prospect, whereas, they get a 1 year chance for a cup which they need because their window is closing quickly

If we waited until deadline we could get a lot more for that package

That is 9.5 million dollars they are taking on.

Another reason why this is a bad trade. Makes no sense for us to trade one of our best defencemen and top goal scorer and for them to take on that much cap.

Would make a lot more sense to trade Vrbata and Hamhuis at the deadline for picks that we can then turn around a trade for a partially developed high end D prospect. Theyd be worth more at the deadline, and we'd get our pick of D prospects.

Have...you ever seen BOwey play?

Bowey is the kind of D man that wins you championships. If you think for a moment that Vrbata and hammer are getting you Bowey after Kelowna just steamrolled EVERYONE the last two solid seasons

You need to go back to waiting for Subban to call

Bowey is the kind of D man that wins you championships. If you think for a moment that Vrbata and hammer are getting you Bowey after Kelowna just steamrolled EVERYONE the last two solid seasons

lol so you're saying an unproven prospect has more value than a proven 30 goal scoring winger + a Team Canada Quality defenseman ??

Oh, I love Bowey's style and ability, and I realize Hamhuis/Vrbata are at the end of their contracts and aren't getting any younger, but that's still a bad trade.

why trade Vrbata? he split his time between the 1st and 2nd line and ended up with 31 goals….the sedins combined for 38 goals between the two of them. I know he's getting older…but he's still consistent. he's the type of player every team needs

lol so you're saying an unproven prospect has more value than a proven 30 goal scoring winger + a Team Canada Quality defenseman ??

You can lol all you'd like.

Washington is NOT giving up their best D prospect for a guy on D with no offense who is a UFA next year nor are they going to do it for an aging 35 year old 30 goal scorer who is UFA next year as well on a team with backstrom Ovechkin Kuznetsov and more.

How about Vancouver trades Virtanen to Philli for Streit and Lecavelier. Like the sound of that? No you don't and you know why

Oh, I love Bowey's style and ability, and I realize Hamhuis/Vrbata are at the end of their contracts and aren't getting any younger, but that's still a bad trade.

I just don't see it knowing Hammer is UFA next year. Vrbata would serve less than 0 interest on an offensive team like the Caps and with hammer being older and his upcoming UFA status plus the cap I see no reason washington would even consider it

Caps are sitting at 50 million

Caps have Kuznetsov, Johansson and Holtby as RFA, Ward, Fehr, Beagle, Green and Gleason as UFA this summer. They'll have roughly $20M to sign all these guys, and I think they want to keep the majority of them.

Plus, why trade for Hamhuis if you can have Gleason for less? They made it very clear that a big, rugged defenseman is better suited to pair with a offensive d-man like Green. If they fail to re-sing both Gleason and Green, they could go after the likes of Franson, Martin, Michalek in free agency.

Bowey is a heck of a prospect. That would be a very desperate move by a young team who is getting closer to the SC, why give their best defensive prospect for a couple rentals? Just don't see this happening.

Why would Washington give up their best prospect, who is a player they can control for many years at a decent price, for a couple guys they could lose after one season?

Plus you want them to throw in a 2nd round pick too!

Caps can't afford it. Also they aren't in any danger of running out of time in their "cup window" because they have a fairly young team

Except do arguably the best pure goal scorer in the last 20 years.

Ovie is turning 30 pretty soon.

Yes a fantastic prospect has more value than a 400 year old 30 goal scorer and a 400 year old defensemen past his prime (who isnt even the best D on a team filled with terrible D), both with only 1 year left till UFA.

Archived