The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most & Least Deserving Fan Bases of Final 4 Teams

ftmN

Rate the fans  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

Seeing as though I have never been to either of the final 4 teams cities or interacted with their fans, I would like to know who you think is the most deserving fan base and least deserving of winning the SCF this year and why.

Obviously these are not Canadian cities who live and breathe hockey but that doesn't speak to the following or passion behind their fans. Do they merely bandwagon over recent success or is there actually a dedicated following! Inb4bettmanmanagement, thanks!

I wouldn't say any of them are exactly deserving, but I suppose New York since they've been waiting the longest out of the 4.

Least deserving easily Chicago. Already won it twice recently, so a third time wouldn't be as special as a team ending a lengthy drought.

None of the above.

Chicago: Really? Freakin' spoiled.

NYR: Nice for AV, but the Rags? Another entitled O6 team? No thanks.

Tampa Bay: I like that team and Stamkos, but they've won a cup fairly recently. You get the feeling the fans would be like they are in Florida pretty quickly.

Anaheim: Seeing Kesler hoist the cup would be a fitting end to the season from a Canucks perspective. But another spoiled SoCal team doesn't deserve this.

Most - Chicago. Their fans have been dedicated through bad times, and an owner who blacked out local games.

Least - Anaheim. I was actually in Anaheim the day they won the cup in 2007, and aside from one of those highway illuminated signs, I had no idea they won. It should have been extremely obvious if they were a decent fan base.

Chicago is hands down the least deserving. Setting aside all the fairweatherness or any other criticism of the fanbase, they have seen as close to a dynasty as you'll get in the Salary cap era. No fanbase "deserves" a Stanley Cup, but Chicago can share the wealth a little.

Rangers probably deserve it the most. Solid fan base that hasn't won it in quite a while. Anaheim or TB probably have the worst, least deserving fan bases. I wouldnt mind any of them winning it.

Archived