The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

Can they provide the option to skip the stupid short highlights of players/teams/coaches, etc. and just skip to the gameplay? Like if it starts up, allow us to press X or A or whatever to advance so we don't waste our time watching pointless highlights.

Also, if they updated computer AI to have better hockey IQ, that would be great. For example, stay along the boards for breakout passes, drive the net hard on a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1, stay in their positions in the defensive zone so that the computer D won't go behind the net every time the puck is there opening up the slot etc.... Or at least update the coaching strategies to have these options. Because it is frustrating sometimes when the computer AI doesn't do what you want them to do and just stops at the blue line as to driving the net hard for a shot-rebound goal.

Yea frack and this. EASHL is my only reason to play and these changes suck. It's fun to level your pro and play on teams with friends. Revisioned? Or stripped down? EA just doesn't get it.

Thank god for NBA2K 16 coming out around the same time. Thats a developer that gets it. Take notes EA. I'll bet anything you'll even find away to screw up the playoff beards.

I don't find any of this exciting; EASHL is a good step, but it also takes a step back with the lack of a growth system.

BAGM will likely be flawed unless they fix the trading system and trade deadline. They also have to remove the "free waiver" period that allows you to send down any player you want before the season.

The stock online settings have been a joke since day one. We want superstar settings so goalies actually make some saves and you can actually dangle around some dudes..

cmon EA step it up many long time EA Hockey fans cannot stand the slow ass standard settings it is pure agony when you pass to guy up the wing only a few feet away and it goes 10 feet wide.

I somewhat like the changes to EASHL. It's stupid how they're presenting it though. Saying they've reimagined it, when really it's just stripped down because they lack the motivation to do the coding for it. At least that's what I've heard from the inside as well is that they're lazy bastards.

It's kind of nice that there won't be guys who just max their shot and speed to 99 and fly around the ice everywhere though. They just fly back on every play and catch up no problem.

I don't necessarily mind the changes to generic class builds, but at the same time I do want some growth.

I somewhat like the changes to EASHL. It's stupid how they're presenting it though. Saying they've reimagined it, when really it's just stripped down because they lack the motivation to do the coding for it. At least that's what I've heard from the inside as well is that they're lazy bastards.

It's kind of nice that there won't be guys who just max their shot and speed to 99 and fly around the ice everywhere though. They just fly back on every play and catch up no problem.

I don't necessarily mind the changes to generic class builds, but at the same time I do want some growth.

Yeah. It'd be nice if you unlocked new builds/players even. So you start with a really poor selection (just CHL players), but after you get the equivalent of a legend card, you get to pick from elite players.

Does anybody know anything about the previous-gen edition, besides its name, which I can't remember off the top of my head. I just remember reading that it won't be called "NHL 16".

Xbox 360/PS3 versions of NHL 16 will be called something else now?

Xbox 360/PS3 versions of NHL 16 will be called something else now?

Yeah I read it on the Question and Answer thing on the EA Sports website. One of the producers said the new name, but didn't give out any more information.

Edit: Here it is:

NHL 16 will look the same on Xbox360 and PS3 as X1 and PS4?

about 19 hours ago

Answer:
NHL 16 is only available on PS4 and Xbox One. The PS3 and X360 version will be called EA SPORTS NHL Legacy Edition and yes, it will look different since the older consoles don't have the power that the new ones do.

Basically just means that they aren't doing anything new to it anymore. They're just going to copy and paste rosters, etc and slap a new cover on it, much like they did for NHL 15 on the PS3/360.

Typical EA. Going the lazy route.

Typical EA. Going the lazy route.

They can't make a newer version for the old-gen consoles because those consoles aren't powerful enough to do what they want.

EA isn't lazy, they're just moving on to the new consoles like every single other game developer.

They can't make a newer version for the old-gen consoles because those consoles aren't powerful enough to do what they want.

EA isn't lazy, they're just moving on to the new consoles like every single other game developer.

Pretty much. They could possibly add things, but I don't see why they should. The focus should now be on PS4/One consoles.

This sounds like it's a huge step forward from 15 but, as others have said, I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game. There's definitely some things I'd like to see added, particularly in GM Mode (which I play a lot of). The drafting is an absolute crap shoot. I wish you could interview or workout players (like you can in NBA 2k), I wish there were scout's recommendations in terms of which player to pick, etc etc. Hiring/firing coaches and other staff (i.e: goalie coach) as well as being able to upgrade various aspects of the team and the day-do-day ops like you can in other games.

In terms of the gameplay itself I actually thought it was pretty fun to play and had it not been for the total lack of content in the game then NHL 15 could have been good. However, I think some of the new gameplay improvements like pass receptions are gonna be great.

I only have 1 question and im not even sure anyone would have the answer, but im going to ask anyways. Does anyone know if you will be able to create custom teams and use them in single player seasons?

I don't think they're going to have custom teams in NHL 16 yet, at least not at release.

Not 100% sure though.

Archived