The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

10 hours ago, MusclePharm said:

$25.99... ya i think ill pass

Yeah, it's a bit much lol. I built my team off 20 bucks worth of packs and a lot of re-selling in the auctions. I've been building since the release day and I hit 1000 items sold a couple days ago. The only good thing I ever got in a pack was Mikko Koivu who I eventually sold for coins. Here's my now complete big player checking team, The only upgrades next are gonna be big ones like Cam Neely or Hedman, and maybe Kreider.

Lucic Backes Brouwer(TOTW)

Ladd Bjugstad(TOTW) Wheeler

Beleskey(TOTW) Coyle(TOTW) Hayes(POTG)

Hartnell(Milestone) Thornton Jagr

Chara Burns

Orpik(TOTW) Byfuglien

Garrison(Milestone) Seabrook

Smith(Movember(currently 86))

Mason

Almost at Division 3! I just wan't to win a Division 1 or 2 Title.

On November 19, 2015 at 5:12:26 PM, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Anyone got tips on developing players in GM mode? I draft players who develop well in most areas but have like 80 offensive awareness so they're an 88 overall putting up 22-30 points. I try to draft players with high OA and that seems to help, but any ideas on developing players would help.

From my experience the development of my guys has been pretty random. I'm not a very strategic drafter though, I just kind of go with who I've scouted the most and has the best potential. 

I think EA is ruining HUT with two things:

1. Boosts

2. Buying Packs with money

I got to div 1 with this squad:

Steen-Turris-Ryan

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler

Hagelin-Little-Toffoli

Neal-Smith-Forsberg

Giordano-Hamilton

Brodie-Myers

Reilly-Gardiner

Schneider/Bernier

All with EA pucks, didnt spend a dime. Its unfair how i have to play guys with Crosby, Bure, Lindros, Toews, Bergeron all on one team. Unless they worked their tail off for the cards, its pointless and stupid.

Just another way for EA to rake in your money.

Something really weird just happened. I'm playing this one guy and he just scored to tie right but right as he did we lost connection so I go to leave the screen assuming we actually lost connection. But, on the screen after you leave the game I still hear the commentary going so I'm just like wtf...then I hear gameplay so now I'm even more wtfff assuming the guy did something to make that happen. But I ended up with the win. That's never happened to me before. 

4 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

Anyone know some good steal goalies in the 2016 or 2017 draft? Trying to find a Demko replacement since he's not in the game

Is this Be a GM? It's just randomized as far as late round goalies go. Try scouting a goalie a lot and drafting that guy.

I'm about to hopefully get my Div 3 title. Once I get to the top tier I'm retiring from the online Season! My original goal in HUT was to reach this tier and what a journey it's been.I have 3 games left to hit my goal. I went 6-0-1 in this Division so far and really pushed my playing to the next level. 

I might try for an Elite Cup if I get the chance but other than that I had a lot of fun with HUT online and even just beat the most stacked roster I've ever faced 4-0.

Cant wait to play one or more of you guys in my tournament this week.

I had to post that, It's been stuck on my reply for days and I couldn't reply without that stupid quote. Anyways.

Give me one good reason I shouldn't sell my NHL 16 and PS4. I hate this game. I can be dominating in HUT then stupid goals go in for the opponent and I lose the game. Maybe i'm a sore loser but holy this game is stupid some times. Plus the fact I don't want to put any money or more time into HUT my team is alright but not compared to someone who stacked their team with Legends and MOV and TOTWS. ugggh. I'd rather get $400 and spend it productively.

1 hour ago, Ryanstorm said:

I had to post that, It's been stuck on my reply for days and I couldn't reply without that stupid quote. Anyways.

Give me one good reason I shouldn't sell my NHL 16 and PS4. I hate this game. I can be dominating in HUT then stupid goals go in for the opponent and I lose the game. Maybe i'm a sore loser but holy this game is stupid some times. Plus the fact I don't want to put any money or more time into HUT my team is alright but not compared to someone who stacked their team with Legends and MOV and TOTWS. ugggh. I'd rather get $400 and spend it productively.

The stupid goals happen to us all! It's frustrating but I deal with it. I don't do HUT online anymore, I made it to Division 2 and faced 3 guys in the top 1000 in a row with ridiculous teams, now I just do offline which is More fun IMO. You can beat guys with better rosters to a degree, and even when I lose to someone like that I still outhit them and give them a hard time.

The main thing that really helped me get to Division 2 was my playing style, though. I always hustled and threw hits and went 7-0-1 in Division 3. I beat this one guy with a stacked roster 4-0, he had Crosby, Giroux, Tavares, Malkin, Kessel, Bure, and many others. Then my next guy I beat had Patrick Roy in net and some very good players as well. Those were my two biggest wins in HUT because they showed me if you play hard enough, you can hang with anyone.

I'll give you my secrets after the HUT tournament if you want.

4 hours ago, Ryanstorm said:

Sell the PS4 as well? Surely you didn't buy a PS4 just for NHL. It's not exactly worth it with the way EA Sports makes the games, nowadays. Unless of course you can look past the problems with the game and just enjoy the hockey.

5 hours ago, Ryanstorm said:

uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end.jpg

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Sell the PS4 as well? Surely you didn't buy a PS4 just for NHL. It's not exactly worth it with the way EA Sports makes the games, nowadays. Unless of course you can look past the problems with the game and just enjoy the hockey.

I only bought the PS4 for NHL 16. It is true... lol

Its really easy to beat stacked teams in Hut. you just need to know how to play solid defence. Usually stacked teams are for weaker players. I would be more concerned when you see a team of average players (in div 1-2)  because you know that guy can play

Archived