The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

10 hours ago, D-Money said:

He was a NCAA player up until recently, and none of them are included in the rosters. Technically, they can't be (unless EA strikes a deal with NCAA hockey like they did with football...but don't see it being a large enough issue).

Guessing he will be in 2017 cause he signed a contract.

So, after the free agency flurry, I updated and customized the rosters for every team, giving them their new players. I simmed a few seasons, it yielded very interesting results.

Horvat became 87 OA, elite.

Gudbranson completely busted out, capped at 83. Meanwhile Jared McCann became a 91 OA Franchise Center for Florida. :picard:

Virtanen didn't really bust, but not great. Hit 86, but only put up 15-20 goals, 40ish points every year.

Granlund actually legit became an elite player, got to 88OA, put up 60-70 points every year. Shinkaruk meanwhile completely busted. Go JB. :lol:

Baertschi surprisingly hit Elite Potential, consistently put up 20-25 goals, 60 points. 

Juolevi completely busted. 

Tyler Benson actually became the best player in the 2016 class. Went from top 6 high potential to a 99OA High Franchise player who hits 50 goals and 100 points every year. Damn Edmonton for taking him. 

Eriksson was pretty decent, consistently put up 50 points.

Sutter hit 68 points in his first year, then frequently hovered around 40 every year after. 

Hutton busted. 

The Sedin's refused to sign an extension. The Canucks subsequently went on a Cinderella run the season after and won the cup. 

The biggest surprise was Cole Cassels. Hit 88 OA, became a PPG player. 

Markstrom was amazing in the first two seasons, then subsequently sucked every year after. 

And finally, Lucic, busted hard in Edmonton hahaha. 

On 7/28/2016 at 11:52 PM, HC20.0 said:

So, after the free agency flurry, I updated and customized the rosters for every team, giving them their new players. I simmed a few seasons, it yielded very interesting results.

Horvat became 87 OA, elite.

Gudbranson completely busted out, capped at 83. Meanwhile Jared McCann became a 91 OA Franchise Center for Florida. :picard:

Virtanen didn't really bust, but not great. Hit 86, but only put up 15-20 goals, 40ish points every year.

Granlund actually legit became an elite player, got to 88OA, put up 60-70 points every year. Shinkaruk meanwhile completely busted. Go JB. :lol:

Baertschi surprisingly hit Elite Potential, consistently put up 20-25 goals, 60 points. 

Juolevi completely busted. 

Tyler Benson actually became the best player in the 2016 class. Went from top 6 high potential to a 99OA High Franchise player who hits 50 goals and 100 points every year. Damn Edmonton for taking him. 

Eriksson was pretty decent, consistently put up 50 points.

Sutter hit 68 points in his first year, then frequently hovered around 40 every year after. 

Hutton busted. 

The Sedin's refused to sign an extension. The Canucks subsequently went on a Cinderella run the season after and won the cup. 

The biggest surprise was Cole Cassels. Hit 88 OA, became a PPG player. 

Markstrom was amazing in the first two seasons, then subsequently sucked every year after. 

And finally, Lucic, busted hard in Edmonton hahaha. 

Whenever play GM mode 1 of Hutton or tryamkin busts, the other goes between 86-88 overall

30 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Whenever play GM mode 1 of Hutton or tryamkin busts, the other goes between 86-88 overall

Yeah, same here. In my first Be A GM, Hutton turned into a top 4 D. This one he actually regressed to a 7th D. Some prospects are completely random. Baertschi in my first BAG busted so hard, but in this one became Elite. Shinkaruk was the complete opposite, he busted hard on Calgary in my second BAG after becoming a 1st line sniper in my first go around. I would really like to know what determines prospects hitting their full potential in NHL 16, cause you can take the same prospect on 3 different Be A GM files, and have 3 completely different results.  

Only started playing this more a few weeks ago, despite how disappointing it is in its GM mode compared to other sports titles.

However, I'm now in year 9 of my GM Career. Wow, is this broken. My "20 year old" who I just drafted is now 30 years old 3 months after being drafted. See this as a common issue, too.

Conrats again, EA. You should be embarrassed.

4 hours ago, Monty said:

Only started playing this more a few weeks ago, despite how disappointing it is in its GM mode compared to other sports titles.

However, I'm now in year 9 of my GM Career. Wow, is this broken. My "20 year old" who I just drafted is now 30 years old 3 months after being drafted. See this as a common issue, too.

Conrats again, EA. You should be embarrassed.

It always seems to happen to my best prospects and young players too. 

1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

It always seems to happen to my best prospects and young players too. 

Interesting that you say that.

That guy I drafted was at 21st overall in the draft. 3 months after drafting him he was 85 overall stats and my second line center. Oh yeah, and 30 years old!

56 minutes ago, Monty said:

Interesting that you say that.

That guy I drafted was at 21st overall in the draft. 3 months after drafting him he was 85 overall stats and my second line center. Oh yeah, and 30 years old!

I imagine you're using the Jets? It must be the NHL's fix to keep Canadian teams from winning the cup ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Advice for a top 6 winger who can play on my top line. affordable player probably a fringe or moderate 2nd line winger.

A big rugged winger who can play on my 1st line though instead.  

At the moment my list of possible replacements for the value I want to pay is: Clarke MacArthur, Jarome Iginla, Scott Hartnall, to name a few.  I am trying to part ways with Chris Russell. :)

My lines are pretty interesting.

MacKinnon Giroux Read (replacement here)

Nichushkin Couturier Honka (Yes converted Honka from d kid is fasttttttt)

Umberger Laughton Weise

Raffl Weiss White

Ghostie Shattenkirk

Streit Gudas

Schultz Gelinas

Niemi/Neuvirth

I'm hoping to slide Read and Weise down find a good fit on the top line that can add some grit.  

Any affordable suggestions be appreciated! :D I would prefer a Left handed player who can play the right wing.  MacKinnon and Giroux pass and make plays like butter.  Just need a physical presence that wont draw penalties and can help maintain zone control.

• -SN- unpinned this topic

Archived