The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Dynasty League

gmen81

Yup got it. So just to be clear so I don't make a mistake you want us to select to keep our whole team pretty much and then we'll take care of the other stuff later?

Yes. Select 17 players. Some people might have an extra player if they had someone on IR. The other 3 spots will be filled by rookies.

If any team doesn't select their keepers by June 9th then they will be replaced by another person. If 2 teams fail to do so then we will probably drop those 2 teams and those players will become available.

Do I have to take 17? Lol

For now, yes. After the rookie draft is over you can then choose 0-5 players to drop. Then we will do a free agent auction draft and you pick up 0-5 players.

Oh and I also selected the rest of your players as I noticed you only selected a few.

Edited by gmen81

Almost all the teams have filled out their keepers. Only 3 left and 2 I am skeptical that they will get it done. If that's the case the players on those teams will be up for bid or we will do a small expansion draft. Gonna make a poll on here and just wanted some feedback

Should we make this a PPR?

-PPR is Points per reception.

Should we make it a start 2QB?

Should we make an IDP league?

-IDP is Individual Defensive players

-I will expand the rosters if we decide to go that route.

I will most likely also be expanding the rosters by a bit more so that we can have a "Taxi squad." The taxi squad will be only available for rookies or 2nd year players, so that you are able to stash them.

I think the differences between PPR and regular are signifigant enough that if we're going to do a PPR we might as well start over at this point. Starting 2 QB's is less of an issue but I'm still not a huge fan. The IDP I do like, as it brings in an extra element and all teams are on the same initial footing in this area.

I just feel that the other 2 options should have been decided before the 1st year draft if we were gonna do them.

I think the differences between PPR and regular are signifigant enough that if we're going to do a PPR we might as well start over at this point. Starting 2 QB's is less of an issue but I'm still not a huge fan. The IDP I do like, as it brings in an extra element and all teams are on the same initial footing in this area.

I just feel that the other 2 options should have been decided before the 1st year draft if we were gonna do them.

Question here, but what exactly is a ppr league? I voted commissioner's choice just because I don't really know what it is so figured I'd let the more knowledgeable fantasy people vote it out.

Is it just one point every time your rb/wr/te make a catch on top of the yardage total or is there more to it than that?

I do however feel there isn't really a need to redraft the teams if we make changes to the rules. Nobody went into the draft last year planning for the new rule changes so everybody is kind of forced to make changes on the fly, not like some knew and could plan for it and others are being forced to adjust to make it an unequal playing field.

Edited by canuckfan_21

Yes in a PPR you get 1 point for each reception.

In regards to KH post. I am still trying to decide how big I want the rosters to be. I've been reading up on a lot of different dynasty sites and trying to figure out what they do and what would be best for us.

A lot of people say that in a dynasty league a 2QB league is the way to go. PPR is about split and same with IDP.

I personally like IDP. Gives us more depth and the rookie draft is more important. If we do IDP I would make the roster size to about 30. Especially if 2 teams drop out.

Question here, but what exactly is a ppr league? I voted commissioner's choice just because I don't really know what it is so figured I'd let the more knowledgeable fantasy people vote it out.

Is it just one point every time your rb/wr/te make a catch on top of the yardage total or is there more to it than that?

I do however feel there isn't really a need to redraft the teams if we make changes to the rules. Nobody went into the draft last year planning for the new rule changes so everybody is kind of forced to make changes on the fly, not like some knew and could plan for it and others are being forced to adjust to make it an unequal playing field.

Say Edelman has 10 catches for 100 yards and a touchdown - in PPR that would equate to 26 points (1 for each catch, 1 for every 10 yards, 6 for a TD).

I agree with Heffy that if we switch to PPR we might as well scrap all the rosters and start over because that, along with a dynasty format is a way different league with way different draft strategies.

Another thing that is common in dynasty leagues are contracts. This of course would only work if you guys are in it for the long haul.

This would not be a salary cap, these are just to insure that people don't hold onto the same players year after year as they are forced to make trades if the contract years end. Each team would be given X amount of contract years and they can split that up however they like. Max years is 4.

I can get into more detail on that if we need to in the future.

Ok I want to get things started. 2 teams will be dropped as they have not answered me at all.

First thing is we will have an expansion draft.

What do you guys think is the fairest way to do the expansion draft?

We will do PPR and start 2 QB as well.

Ok I want to get things started. 2 teams will be dropped as they have not answered me at all.

First thing is we will have an expansion draft.

What do you guys think is the fairest way to do the expansion draft?

We will do PPR and start 2 QB as well.

Or would you guys rather have the players to become available just go into free agency? Then we do blind bidding auction.

How would the draft order for the expansion draft be determined?