The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Reboot] Need For Speed

Mathew Barzal

Two main points in the description that have the butterfly's fluttering in my stomach.

- Deep customization

- Nocturnal open world

I haven't touched the NFS series since Carbon, but those two things along with the abundance of speculation have me giddy for a potential Underground 3.

Of course, with the way video games have been trending for the last couple of years it most definitely won't be a day one buy for me. But if the reviews come in and it is what they say it... oh boy.

Aww man I'm stoked. I've been saying to my buddies a lot over the past 1-2 years that I miss underground/street racing games. Unbelievably stoked for a NFS Underground 3. I hope the customization is like Midnight Club.

So stoked but at the same time skeptical because most wanted reboot was meh.

Yeah, basically all their reboots have been meh and almost all the games have been complete garbage since Underground 2. I'm optimistic though, cause the last Underground games were prime.

A new Midnight Club game we be unreal good tho. I hope that gets announced sometime soon. Rockstar has done really well with car physics lately and theyd already have the groundwork laid if they choose to make another Midnight Club.

A new Midnight Club game we be unreal good tho. I hope that gets announced sometime soon. Rockstar has done really well with car physics lately and theyd already have the groundwork laid if they choose to make another Midnight Club.

Was just thinking this today while watching the Midnight Club 3 trailer.

Would like to see what they could do.

Truly believe they'll get it right this time.

Then again, I have not purchased a NFS game since Carbon.

Carbon for PS2 was the bomb diggity. Rivals was fun with good graphics, but very boring and disappointing after time.

Why do you fools continue to forget that whatever EA touches turns to poison??

It's not that simple buddy. If you don't like them fair and well, no need to spread your $&!# over every one elses bread though.

In fact, I think I'll play some Battlefield 4 right now since you've got me in the mood.

It's not that simple buddy. If you don't like them fair and well, no need to spread your crap over every one elses bread though.

In fact, I think I'll play some Battlefield 4 right now since you've got me in the mood.

I'm old enough not be a blind hater/fanboy of anything. And I'm not afraid to criticize games I play often. Having said that, EA often spreads their crap over everyone else's bread. No matter how good the game is, you can bet you're not going to get the full experience on day one, or by paying for the base game.

This is what makes me so nervous about the upcoming Battlefront. The things I've heard about that game are already making me nervous, and I know there's probably going to be problems during the entire ride. And there is no doubt that NFS is going to have the same problems that afflict every other EA game.

Fifa, Madden, Battlefield disagree with your take.

But NHL, Live, Hardline, Sims, SimCity, Titanfall all agree with my take. And if you think FIFA isn't a broken game, you're clearly not involved with the FIFA community.

I'm old enough not be a blind hater/fanboy of anything. And I'm not afraid to criticize games I play often. Having said that, EA often spreads their crap over everyone else's bread. No matter how good the game is, you can bet you're not going to get the full experience on day one, or by paying for the base game.

This is what makes me so nervous about the upcoming Battlefront. The things I've heard about that game are already making me nervous, and I know there's probably going to be problems during the entire ride. And there is no doubt that NFS is going to have the same problems that afflict every other EA game.

But NHL, Live, Hardline, Sims, SimCity, Titanfall all agree with my take. And if you think FIFA isn't a broken game, you're clearly not involved with the FIFA community.

I'm no EA fanboy but they have their hits and misses.

I personally have not experienced any issues with Fifa or Sim City, didn't play hardline or the Sims though so no positive or negative feedback on either.

Archived