The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congratulations Jason Garrison

40DollarOnion

With Garrison reaching the finals, inevitably on this forum there will be talk about how letting him go was a mistake, how we should get him back, and all sorts of other knee jerk reactions to a former player doing well.

I think we should congratulate a player who last off season was asked to waive a no trade, did, and got traded away from his home town hockey team. So Congratulations to Garrison, have an awesome Stanley Cup final, and help Tampa Bay win, because I sure as heck do not want to see Kesler or the Blackhawks win the cup this year.

First Willie Mitchell, and now Jason Garrison potentially.

Oh well. Actually, I think that the Canucks organization is just being nice. They wanted the two BC boys to win cups and knew it wouldn't happen here. So Mitchell won 2 with LA, and now Garrison might win 1 with Tampa. Good stuff. Bring that cup home to White Rock buddy.

If anything I can see this as a way for Benning to convince some of the core to waive their NTC's. He can make an argument that if they give him a list of teams they have a better chance of winning the up immediately.

If the ducks beat the hawk I'm going for the ducks. If the Hawks advance I'm rooting for the bolts.

Meanwhile in the real world Tampa doesn't have a hope in hell of beating either team

I'm not so sure about that i think the Bolts beat Anahiem both times this year and were one win and a shootout loss against Chicago.

If the ducks beat the hawk I'm going for the ducks. If the Hawks advance I'm rooting for the bolts.

Meanwhile in the real world Tampa doesn't have a hope in hell of beating either team

Not against the Ducks imo. But the blackhawks i believe they could win. Id still bet on chicago though

Archived