The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks shopping Eddie Lack for second round pick

Honestly the article is ???? embarrassing. Nowhere is there any indication that Lack is being 'shopped'. Lack's name was on a list of goalies that might be available.

Precisely, and on that list are also Miller and Markstrom who also might be available.

..Quickly!

[Thread] Miller being shopped

[Thread] Markstrom being shopped

...aka, nothing new, just everyday hockey business lol

Precisely, and on that list are also Miller and Markstrom who also might be available.

..Quickly!

Hey guys, I compiled a list of players the Canucks will be shopping this summer. It took a lot of work and undercover reporting, but here it is.

It's not enough, and Lack shouldn't be the one traded. At best it should be Buff's 21st, no lower.

Lack is a great team guy, one of the guys you want in the room. He was largely responsible for our playoff push down the stretch, while Miller was out. Miller should be the one going, but one again we have an albatross of a contract with an NTC to deal with, so he ends up staying.

Honestly, we have to start making positions based on merit as opposed to contract.

..Quickly!

The news is that Benning wants Markstrom on the team, so yes it is something new. Based on the way Markstrom has played in the playoffs, it makes sense.

If Benning is seeking a 2nd round pick, it would almost certainly be Lack. Miller will be too hard to move.

Always found Lack overrated, probably cause of his personality. He's not yet proven to be a starter, sorry. A second round pick is a good return. I'd try to get a second round pick and a fifth rounder.

you have no hockey knowledge lacks only reason we made playoffs by stealing multiple games we had no place winning while miller had a bum knee plus he outperformed miller while making 5 times less salary with a smile on his face not sure how thats overrated

some people will believe anything....benning will do something...

It's not that hard to put two and two together that Lack is likely on his way out.

Miller is too hard to move, and Markstrom is playing too well to give up on, plus his value is still low until he makes the NHL full time. Better to hold onto him.

you have no hockey knowledge lacks only reason we made playoffs by stealing multiple games we had no place winning while miller had a bum knee plus he outperformed miller while making 5 times less salary with a smile on his face not sure how thats overrated

miller should be moved to sharks or ducks retain 2.5 mill of his cap and get their early first rounder. or if they trade lack to oilers for early second lack will win cup with mcdavid moving lack is a bad choice

LOL how Ironic

I think he's overrated too. He's not a starter. He's just a really, really good backup goalie. I would say possible destinations include SJ, CBJ, EDM, TOR, NJD, BUF.

If Benning is seeking a 2nd round pick, it would almost certainly be Lack. Miller will be too hard to move.

Agree with what you said. All I'm saying is seeking shopping. JB will seek a certain value for every player. Likewise he has one for Miller and Marsktrom. If someone takes a flyer then he'll do it. No hard feelings :)

The link in OP is to a Province article that talks about Garioch's article. You have to go to Ottawa Sun and read the article OP is sourcing. OP should have linked to the Garioch article in Ottawa Sun instead of the Vancouver Province.

The Garioch article talks about the Sens goalie situation and how they have a spare goalie available for trade, then lists lists the following.

Heres the link http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/05/30/anderson-and-lehner-a-keeper-and-a-goner

WHO ELSE IS OUT THERE?

Cam Talbot Rangers

He did an admirable job when Henrik Lundqvist was injured and would be an attractive option.

Cam Ward Hurricanes

He has one year left at $6.3 million and wasn't very good last year. You have to think he bounces back.

Antti Niemi San Jose

A UFA, he'll be a guy teams will look at because they can get him for the cost of term.

Brian Elliott St. Louis

The Blues have likely decided it's time to move on from him. He'll be able to help somebody.

Eddie Lack Canucks

The Canucks are trying to make room for Jacob Markstrom and GM Jim Benning is seeking a second-round pick in return.

I think he's overrated too. He's not a starter. He's just a really, really good backup goalie. I would say possible destinations include SJ, CBJ, EDM, TOR, NJD, BUF.

With Bernier and Reimer already, I doubt they would further complicate things. Probably not even for a clear cut upgrade atm. Rebuilding time.

Archived