The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

Does Trashcan Carla's brahmin keep getting stuck in random places at Sanctuary for anyone else?

It often ends up stuck inside random houses (like the one across your original home, where the power armour stand is), but most of the times it resets its position back onto the road whenever I leave.

The worst was the time it got stuck on the roof though, because it refuse to reset. I had to move one of the tall tower defence walls beside the house, so I could take the steps up to the roof myself and nudge it off the edge. Luckily it hasn't found its way back up there again. Yet. Stupid cow.

I love this game's random occurrences.

I was just walking to another quest, and I hear a bunch of shooting and explosions. I walk towards it, and it's the Brotherhood of Steel fighting a Super Mutant base. They blow up 3 BoS choppers with bazookas, eliminating all of the BoS guys that were there. I spent maybe 30 minutes or more just cutting through these guys. There ended up being a Legendary with a minigun who I could do barely any damage to. I killed everyone else but him, and there was even Power Armor within the base as well. I basically just ran away from the Legendary because he was chasing me and I had nothing for him.

13 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Does Trashcan Carla's brahmin keep getting stuck in random places at Sanctuary for anyone else?

It often ends up stuck inside random houses (like the one across your original home, where the power armour stand is), but most of the times it resets its position back onto the road whenever I leave.

The worst was the time it got stuck on the roof though, because it refuse to reset. I had to move one of the tall tower defence walls beside the house, so I could take the steps up to the roof myself and nudge it off the edge. Luckily it hasn't found its way back up there again. Yet. Stupid cow.

I killed her, now her brahmin just sits there.

15 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Yah it's always getting stuck on the roof of where the power armour stand is in my game, it just likes to lie down there I guess. But it will eventually move since Trashcan seems to migrate back and forth between Sanctuary and Bunker Hill. Maybe build a brahmin feeding trough and it will go there instead? IDK I haven't tried it.

Unless you did like BOH did and killed Trashcan then I think you are SOL unless you want to kill the brahmin too. 

I never seen her Brahmin on the roof. I killed her because every time I walked by her she told me to get lost and called me a theif (I persuaded her to give me extra caps in the one mission she gives you).

Started getting annoying so I killed her. Nobody cared and the Brahmin doesn't try to attack you. Mine just sits next to the house across from the workbench.

13 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I love this game's random occurrences.

I was just walking to another quest, and I hear a bunch of shooting and explosions. I walk towards it, and it's the Brotherhood of Steel fighting a Super Mutant base. They blow up 3 BoS choppers with bazookas, eliminating all of the BoS guys that were there. I spent maybe 30 minutes or more just cutting through these guys. There ended up being a Legendary with a minigun who I could do barely any damage to. I killed everyone else but him, and there was even Power Armor within the base as well. I basically just ran away from the Legendary because he was chasing me and I had nothing for him.

Whenever there's an overpowered enemy, I always go for the legs with my most powerful weapons (like my sniper, from a distance). Just try and drop it so it can't move. And then finish it off up close with a gun I have a lot of ammo for. Building and saving criticals is so important for them.

Basically for regular enemies, headshots. Melee enemies, arms. Ghouls, leg (leg singular, because they snap off and immobilize them). Harder ones, legs then head, like I mentioned.

My last 2 level ups I added the "Gun Nut" perk to get it up to level 3.  My weapons are so OP now.  Went from struggling to kill Super Mutants at all, to being able to 2 shot them with a 53 fire rate rifle.  

I also have a 108 damage 181 fire rate double barrel shotgun that I have dubbed "Ghoul Whacker".  It fires both barrels in as quick as I can pull the trigger.

Pretty wide spread knowledge, but this is definitely one of the best perks you can give yourself.  Considering upping the difficulty to Very Hard now.

Missle Launcher: 25% more damage against everything

.50 Sniper: Deals double damage

I got a couple others I can't recall really, but the above 2 are my best.

Basically playing this game on very hard trying to get good legendaries. Not too bad so far.

16 minutes ago, Mimerez said:

I really wanted to say no, but I just couldn't resist the lure of quests.

They still give you the quests, but they angle them differently. She says bye, but that Fonz looking guy says they could still use your help, even if you aren't entrenched in their philosophy. Basically he asks you if you hate the institute and would like their help in taking them down, because they need yours.

I think that's the best way to handle that faction, rather than closing it down and its quests altogether. You can still say no and tell them to go away at the point that I mentioned too. But I decided to help because his angle made sense, even if I still haven't encountered the Institute 40 hours into the game, or wherever I am.

Well I completed the campaign. I have to say, I am disappointed in the ending I came up with. I won't say much. But the replay value is minimal at best. The only quests I have left are for more settlements but I don't want more.

I've been reduced to looking up where to start side quests on the Wikia. I don't have any brotherhood or railroad quests left. I'm thinking about just starting a new character just because there isn't much left to do.

I have about 2 and a half days collectively invested in my game.

Archived