The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

On 2017-05-03 at 11:08 AM, CanucksHomer said:

I've played this game for 500+ hours and still cannot find the explosive minigun or the Scribe. Any help please? I've tried all the farming strategies.

one of my friends found one in quincy ruins. i was down around there yesterday and was like OHKOed by some random stealth assaultron XD

Made it to level 40 without entering Boston....

Only been as far south from sanctuary as Graygarden and their quest area, far east as that outpost settlement that starts with "Z" and southeast as the Cambridge ruins on this survival dude. Safe to say I am not going to have an issue hitting maximum enemy levels when I zone into new cells anymore.

Downside to doing it this way is that I haven't found much in the way of new power armor. Still running a combo of T-60 with T-45 (maxed out with crafting) though the areas I still am in, X-01 would be overkill anyways. 

Survival run is on hold....

Discovered mods, I should have said goodbye to everyone I know. 

New stealth run with mods that enhance the game but not break it

Mods running: 

Unofficial Patch - Not noticing it doing anything and that's a good sign

Visual stuff:

Husky Dogmeat and his K-9 Harness - Both look great

Azar hairstyles - Playing female because the voice actor is Jack from mass Effect

Unique woman tattoo - Bare arms covered in ink, nice

Cait's Corset outfit but in Black

Unlock Ballistic Weave so I don't have to use armor over my awesome Tattoo's

Audio

Radio X from San Andreas (no DJ)

Radio Nam (awesome 60's goodness long playlist that takes a while to repeat itself)

Toys:

Colt 1911 from Doombased - Used his because it was more balanced as Leolink's WWII colt starts with a ridiculous 50 damage

FappaR's M1 Garand - because blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam blam - PING!  G'damn right

Barret M82A3 for when I'm offended that guy across the map still has a head (mod comes with two rifles, I'm using the balanced one as the other is a cheater gun)

Wolverine's claw- (fun, but I don't use the rings that come with the mod as they are overpowered) 

Game changers

Respec mod (haven't used it yet but it may come in handy)

Never fail speech check- New Vegas style. Saves time from save scumming and I play high charisma builds

Easy Hack/Lockpicks- Sick of the mini-games, never fail them anyways another time saver

Settlements (if I could only keep a few mods, these would be them)

TheRealElianora's Santuary Bunker- (though I may lose this one as I have crashed twice exiting)

Thom293's better Settlers and already seem to behave much smarter then the vanilla derps 

3lric's Scrap That settlement- Love this because it the more crap like trash and dead leaves I scrap the higher settlement limit I have (I know I can increase the limit with mods or the gun in the workshop trick but doing that reduces the frame rates when you are moving through those areas)  Also being able to get rid of dead bodies, bushes and Mole rat holes is awesome. 

post settlements!

im currently heavy working on my sunshine co settlement. complete with an entire wall around the area, turrets on 4 sides of the wall, with lookout towers. pretty stacked defence, 2 working farms, so plenty of food, 4 beds in all the cabins, with lights (most of them so far) and a little area with little "apartment-style" shacks. the big barn i have is my "supermarket" with all of the stores and that second barn is like the work bench stations

this is my 3 floor building. first floor has a tv and terminal rooms, 2nd floor are beds, and 3rd floor is a bar/restaurant, where cait is always at the bar xD with a "smoking area" and a pool table under construction

the mods i run with are more character skins and settlement goodies

18403895_10211804368721374_4889776391363

18320785_10211804372441467_4035724702363

Some screenies of a few of my settlements. I like to build big things 

Sanctuary I did nothing special, just showing I stuck Mama Murphy and her stupid chair up on the highest ledge I could.

62cee635-403c-4f1f-bdf4-75d5afed0de0.PNG

Red Rocket is my favourite so far. The bedrooms are the road level building and the recreation and bar and stuff is up by the rocket

31e716a9-112d-4b4b-ab83-85447e06c889.PNG

Graygarden has access all the way to the bridge

Fs8sh5qpYSv9WYpU0=

Abernathy has multiple access to the transmission tower where the parties happen

938288a6-fc3c-40dc-b66d-9a1260995340.PNG

And this last pic is where my game froze but I thought it looked cool

fe5e2235-6f69-4955-9e14-54ead6a80863.PNG

Forgot this one at Starlight. Nothing too exciting, I am standing the movie screen over the building that has all the beds. You can see I converted the place into a big farm. The building on the left is a medical facility and the right is a bar and trading post. 

The gun is one of the models from a colt 1911 mod. I believe it's either based off the nighthawk 1911 custom or more likely a Kimber model. (custom 2) You can add reflex sights and extended magazines to them but I prefer iron sights and 7 rounds (or 8 rounds in this case which is a kimber magazine)

FSB6IEffNO1PRqkWZos2D00ODaF71s4=

Other weapons the girl is seen with are the barrett .50 cal (sold now in favour of the Overseer's Rifle with a combat rifle mesh mod that makes it look less like a combat shotgun) and my M1 Garand that's specifically "This Machine" from new Vegas. 

Lastly Red Rocket from the back. Not sure why I took this but she's holding a 7 round WWII colt 1911 (note the good trigger discipline) and a nice view of the carbon fiber mod I have on the pip-boy, the clothes are nice simple mod that made a black version of Cait's corset with a bandoleer over the shoulders and the stupid thing on her leg is the mantis greave from vanilla that has stats that are hard to pass up on a stealth vats build. 

QmdxYKOuBnx1PfqB31lANhTwe8=

3 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

Sanctuary I did nothing special, just showing I stuck Mama Murphy and her stupid chair up on the highest ledge I could.

"mama murphy's as good as her word, kid...." i dont think anyone really does anything to the sanctuary settlement xD i have a pretty basic set up where i have at least 1 bed in all of the houses and a decent defence set up and farming op. i'm thinkin of using the limitless settlement mod for my drive in base. i've built it in a quay type of area, fully enclosed in concrete wall, where i have houses on one side, with street lights and a bar on the end and the other side with all of my stores and scavenge station, and a little farm within the walls, like that little area behind the drive in.

it also has the largest water purify thingy in the water thats closed off with rails and i have the fusion core generator for my power. it's a pretty sweet set up but im thinking of using that limitless settlement mod so i can add a few more things cause i might go over the basic limit-- i'm still adding stuffs ^^

i also bought the wasteland workbench add on and might buy nuka world and far harbour. i just finished the main storyline in the game. the feels T__T

le spoilers

Spoiler

i sided with the institute. that final fight against the brotherhood is intense

my jewel of the commonwealth, still under construction :3

i have a decontamination arch, a work out mat little area beside the bar, a "walk-in"clinic" and the bricky building in the background is like a hardware store im building with pretty much all of the stores and plenty of housing

hai curie <3

18491569_10211872016252520_7156879241915

view from the bar

18489692_10211872083294196_6865884743969

On 5/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, TimberWolf said:

Red Rocket is my favourite so far. The bedrooms are the road level building and the recreation and bar and stuff is up by the rocket

31e716a9-112d-4b4b-ab83-85447e06c889.PNG

Graygarden has access all the way to the bridge

Fs8sh5qpYSv9WYpU0=

Abernathy has multiple access to the transmission tower where the parties happen

938288a6-fc3c-40dc-b66d-9a1260995340.PNG

And this last pic is where my game froze but I thought it looked cool

fe5e2235-6f69-4955-9e14-54ead6a80863.PNG

I like Red Rocket the best still after restarting for the 945th time.  I like what you did to Abernathy Farm too.  I hope you are using the jetpack.

11 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

my tenpines bluff town :3

jj0kco.jpg

What mod got rid of the little building? Scrap that doesn't do it (it does get rid of the half house with the radroaches and mattress but not the main one the two settlers own by default. 

Also assuming some kinda tree mod and blue skies. Looks good. 

2 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

What mod got rid of the little building? Scrap that doesn't do it (it does get rid of the half house with the radroaches and mattress but not the main one the two settlers own by default. 

Also assuming some kinda tree mod and blue skies. Looks good. 

yea tenpines requires a little TLC XD i used the clean and smooth mod and the "tenpines bluff: mod from tummie811. that mods lets you scrap the shack in the middle :3

the trees i used the, i wanna say workshop decorations pack. it comes with pre-war goodies and trees were one of them. weather i used the simply white mod

anyone play around with dlcs? i made an ammo factory out of contraptions workshop. i just took ss of my ps4 share that i uploaded to fb in a small private group i have. it's in the early stages. im gonna check out to see if i have things right if i can dump random mats through the sorters and ill get the ammo mats to drop out of the hoppers and the rest of like gears and screws and stuff drop down to the other sorter where my ammo drops

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-2.png

Untitled-3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

back to unmodded because I am an achievement whore

Finally got benevolent leader last night. Realized it was easier to do in a smaller settlement over the big ones I was making. Pretty sure all I got left are storyline and side quest achieves left along with some DLC. Looking to get a complete game.

Archived