The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Agent says Mike Santorelli would sign with the Canucks.

What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Mike Santorelli is no stranger to changing teams.

The 29-year-oldhas already played for five different NHL teams and just finished his second stint with one of those teams, the Nashville Predators.

According to Santorelli’s agent, there is one team he would embrace returning to, and that team is the Vancouver Canucks. He officially becomes an unrestricted free agent as of July 1.

“I’m sure he would — he loved playing for his hometown team,” his agent J.P. Barry told News 1130 Sports.

Santorelli, a Vancouver native, had 10 goals and 18 assists in 49 games for the Canucks in 2013-14. But despite “100 percent” wanting to stay in Vancouver, he signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Maple Leafs this past summer, as the Canucks lacked a roster spot for the versatile center.

The Canucks haven’t expressed any interest in Santorelli thus far, but if they can get him for a hometown discount, it may be something they consider.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/report-agent-says-free-agent-would-sign-with-the-canucks/

i dont want richardson to walk, hes a good player, but if he does and they replace him with santorelli id be cool with that! Santo just has this extra jump and effort to him that makes him fun to watch and easy to cheer for. BC Boy makes it all that much sweeter!

A talented fourth line center like Santo could allow for Baertschi to play more sheltered minutes rather than hoping he could excel immediately on the second line

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Bonino Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Baerschi Santo Dorsett

Vey in for Dorsett/Kenins against softer teams

Bye Higgins and your illustrious beard/abs combo.

"We need to get younger"...

Is a speedy 29 year old center really going to be the reason why Canucks are viewed as old and slow?

We need to get younger.

We need to make room for our younger players in the system.

He is small and soft.

Makes ZERO sense.

Not sure which Santorelli you were watching, but the player I watched was anything but soft. he worked his tail off, went to dirty areas to retrieve pucks and had no fear of going to to the net. Though I'm not sure it's a good idea to sign another older fwd, he certainly brings the hustle, intensity and up tempo play the Canucks sorely missed against the Flames.

Could see us adding Santo IF Higgins AND Hansen are traded. Loved his play couple years ago and was shocked when we didn't resign him.

Baertshi is a shoe in for the lineup

Virtanen / Shinkaruk / Gaunce are all maybes

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertshi - Bonino - Vrbata

Santorelli - Horvat - Kassian

Dorsett - Vey - Virtanen

Archived