The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Pit

To Pittsburgh

Dan Hamhuis

To Vancouver

Derrick Pouliot

I can't see why Dan Hamhuis wouldn't waive to head to Pittsburgh they're always cup contenders.

Pouliot would give us the offensive defenceman we lack.

So that's one of the two teams explained, but why is Pittsburgh interested? A couple years of Hamhuis vs a bunch more years of Pouliot seems like a no brainer to me.

They're always close to the cap due to Crosby and Malkin's contract, it would have to be a very good offer for them to trade Pouliot, their best defensive prospect who is on his ELC and can save them some money. Hamhuis + Jensen wouldn't get it done, in my opinion.

Add Corrado and they would think about it.

I would for sure add in Jensen

In my mind, if you're evaluating a trade proposal you've gotta ask yourself "Does this suck for us at least a little bit?". If it's a fair trade you'd be at least a little unhappy to give up what you're giving up, and in this case I don't think many fans at all would be upset about a Hammer+Jensen for Pouliot trade. Just my two cents.

I doubt Hammer would waive unless management came to him and Told him they were going to tank for a couple years. He loves B.C life and we British Colombians love him.

Personally I think he re-signs hometown discount and retires a Canuck.

Pouliot would be an enticing prospect though.

I think we could get him and a 2nd for Hammer.

At least. Easy.

Olympic gold medal winner a couple years ago !

Top pairing at the worlds this year / brings home gold.

Top pairing guy for the Canucks while we made it to the 2011 cup final. ( yea he got hurt but some would argue we'd have a cup if he didn't )

He has a very impressive resume , is a leader in the dressing room and is on a beauty contract.

I doubt Hammer would waive unless management came to him and Told him they were going to tank for a couple years. He loves B.C life and we British Colombians love him.

At least. Easy.

Olympic gold medal winner a couple years ago !

Top pairing at the worlds this year / brings home gold.

Top pairing guy for the Canucks while we made it to the 2011 cup final. ( yea he got hurt but some would argue we'd have a cup if he didn't )

He has a very impressive resume , is a leader in the dressing room and is on a beauty contract.

Only way he can sign a hometown discount is if he is offered a contract. Something I don't think canucks do. It's time to get younger, what could we really offer a guy who scored one goal last season and skill set is completely replace by a young Tanev.

Both Bieska and Hamhuis would waive if canucks are willing to work with them on a destination. As I said if canucks don't plan on resigning them, then they are going to have to think about which city they want to play in next year anyways. What good does it do to them by staying another 9 months on a team that has told you they don't want you?

At least. Easy.

Nope. Just nope.

Archived