Kassian Cassels

Kenins Gaunce Jensen

Zboril Carlo

Tanev Chabot

Corrado Subban

Demko

Philli is not taking Bieksas contract without shedding cap first

Seriously I miss capgeek SOOooo much right now :(

So do I, but in this case it's so clear that any of nhlnumbers.com, generalfanager.com, hockeys.cap.com or spotract is sufficient to see what would happen.

Using generalfanager, it appears so far Philadelphia has committed $69.4 million to 21 NHL players, including 11 forwards, 9 defencemen and 1 goalie.

Taking on Bieksa and hansen would add $7.1 million, giving Philadelphia 23 NHL players signed and a total cap hit of about $76.5 million. The 23 players would include 10 d-men and only one goalie.

If one takes Pronger off the Philly list it reduces the cap hit to about $71.6 for 22 players, including 9 d-men and only one goalie. Del Zotto is a RFA and not included in the d-men the Flyers are already committed to contractually.

Also, one of the Flyers problems this season, it can at least be argued, is that they have some declining veteran defencemen whose cap hits exceed the value of their performance. See http://isportsweb.com/2015/05/30/the-state-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-blue-line-part-three/for a discussion of the state of the Flyers' blue line.

Adding another aging, fading d-man with a medium-high cap hit in exchange and giving up draft picks seems not only to put the Flyers in Cap Hades but to be the opposite of the type of move they need to make.

As for the effect of the proposals, other than scoring, defending, the power play and the penalty kill, these proposals wouldn't hurt the Canucks too much. The top-2 pick in the 2016 draft would become a possibility.

To be fair to the OP, he did use heading Prospect Pool and then posted the prospect pool as a lineup, I believe to indicate positions. That was my interpretation..

Did anybody misunderstand that and post about the misunderstanding?

If you took my comments about the effects on Canucks scoring, defence, pp and pk that way, rest assured I hadn't misunderstood what his list was and I was basing comments on who had been traded away-Canucks' top goal scorer, arguably the top defenceman currently and one of the best defensive forwards on the team.

Did anybody misunderstand that and post about the misunderstanding?

If you took my comments about the effects on Canucks scoring, defence, pp and pk that way, rest assured I hadn't misunderstood what his list was and I was basing comments on who had been traded away-Canucks' top goal scorer, arguably the top defenceman currently and one of the best defensive forwards on the team.

I wasn't speaking to your comments, I was speaking to the guys talking about team of kids and where did our team go.

Archived