The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] How to make the Canucks cup contenders in just one summer

It seems people aren't willing to accept the fact that the Canucks are not cup contenders anymore. I think my proposal may change that.

Trade 1:

To Van:

Edm 2015 1st 16th overall

To Edm:

Eddie Lack

Clearly Edmonton needs a goaltender, and Lack is a proven elite goaltender who can win games. We can take the 1st rounder from Edmonton as it would be used in another trade.

To Van:

Buf 2015 4th

Buf 2016 2nd

To Buf:

Jacob Markstrom

Chris Higgins

Markstrom is worthless in Vancouver and needs a new start. Buffalo could be that team with players like McDavid and Kane. Higgins would simply not fit in the teams plans.

To Van:

Radko Gudas

Phi 2015 2nd

To Phi:

Dan Hamhuis

Dan Hamhuis will be 33 by the end of 2015 and will soon be past his prime. With Christ Tanev, Hamhuis would be deemed surplus to the team. The 2nd round pick would provide good depth for Utica down the line. As for Radko Gudas, he will become the player everyone wanted Bieksa to be. The toughness we needed since we lost in 2011. Luca Sbisa also needs a chance to prove himself as the top D man in Vancouver.

To Van:

TJ Oshie

To Stl:

Ryan Miller

Cole Cassels

2015 1st round pick 16th overall

I know what you are thinking. Why do I think we should trade all our goalies? Simple. Miller is the final piece of the puzzle. This will solidify their goaltending which has let them down multiple times in the playoffs. The Canucks need a solid winger who can unlock Bonino's potential. Oshie is a consistent 50-60 point scorer. He is the 2nd line winger the Canucks want and need.

To Van:

Bryan Bickell

To Chi:

Phi 2nd pick

A premier power forward who we can get very cheap from Chicago due to cap issues.

Signings:

Scott Hannan 1 year 2M

Obvious upgrade over Weber

Fabian Brunnstrom each to 1 year 1.5M deals.

Hidden Swedish gem that most NHL teams do not know about. Would perform well on the third line.

Justin Pogge 1 year 600k

After being a bust with the Maple Leafs, he is finding great success with Farjestad BK of the SHL. He would be the 1B goaltender of this goaltending tandem.

Yutaka Fukufuji 1 year 600k

This man right here is the key to our success. He is the one who will lead us to our first Stanley Cup. The Los Angeles Kings and Nikko Ice Bucks legend is an experienced goaltender who will split time with Justin Pogge as the 1A goaltender of the tandem. A very clutch goaltender who can steal games at the most opportunistic times.

The Canucks will also benefit from this signing business and popularity wise as many Japanese would want to know how Fukufuji is doing and would wake up early to see his games. The Canucks would also gain sponsorships from various Japaneses businesses which would help the Canucks financially.

2015-16 Vancouver SoftBank Canucks lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Oshie-Bonino-Bickell

Brunnstrom-Horvat-Hansen

Dorsett-Matthias-Burrows

Sbisa-Gudas

Edler-Tanev

Bieksa-Hannan

Fukufuji

Pogge

Prediction with this lineup. 73-5-4

The trade homers here don't even see the stupidity of this one?

To Van:

TJ Oshie

To Stl:

Ryan Miller <----- *hint*

Cole Cassels

2015 1st round pick 16th overall

?

St. Louis needs an established goaltender. Why do you think they keep losing in the playoffs?

You're just mad that Miller left Buffalo.

?

St. Louis needs an established goaltender. Why do you think they keep losing in the playoffs?

Question for you. Who was Miller's previous team less than a year ago that didn't even want him back on their team for free?

*edit* as to your edit, I'm not mad. He's a 34 year old barely above average goalie that the Sabres fleeced St. Louis in a trade for.

oh, Canada out home and native land

true patriot love in all our sons command

with glowing hearts we see the rise

THE TRUE NORTH strong and free

tan ta dan

from far and wide oh canada we stand on Gaurd for theeee

God keep our land glorious and freee

ohhhh Canada we stand on Gaurd for theeeeeee

Apples and oranges. Miller is a declining barely above average goaltender that the Canucks are stuck with.

Miller might be declining, but the Blues could use an established veteran presence. He didn't work the first time because he didn't have time to establish himself there. Of course, in this proposal he'd have a full year and the Blues are a much better team than Vancouver so I believe he could backstop them to a much deeper playoff run.

Look at how Thomas carried the Bruins to a cup, the best way to win is with an established goalie.

You might just be upset that the Sabres don't have Miller anymore, and it's okay because I feel that way when I see Luongo on Florida. Let it all out pal :)

Miller might be declining, but the Blues could use an established veteran presence. He didn't work the first time because he didn't have time to establish himself there. Of course, in this proposal he'd have a full year and the Blues are a much better team than Vancouver so I believe he could backstop them to a much deeper playoff run.

Look at how Thomas carried the Bruins to a cup, the best way to win is with an established goalie.

You might just be upset that the Sabres don't have Miller anymore, and it's okay because I feel that way when I see Luongo on Florida. Let it all out pal :)

Archived